Replies

• SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    walnuts and/or raisins
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was an avid faithful fan of oatmeal, but nowadays I can't do it. 1/2 c of it cooked and I'm full and uncomfortable :/ plus, I don't like anything too warm in the morning, makes me sweat!! >.< that's just me though!

BUT, I do like adding dry oats to blend in with my smoothies when I want a more, thicker, fuller, texture to the smoothie. The great thing is, you don't taste the oat-y flavor, AND it's pretty filling! ^__^
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal Rocks!

My new fave:

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal and 3/4 low fat milk and microwave for 2 1/2 min
    then add 1 packet sweetener of your choice
    1 tablespoon unsweetened coca and
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter

Mmmmmmmm

365 cal and 16 gms of protein
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use Rolled Oats.

My Fav is:
    Rolled Oats and Sultanas, sometimes i might put a bit of Cinnamon or Vanilla Essance in, but i could happily just eat Oats and Sultanas heated in low fat milk for the rest of my life Lol
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal....but my new favorite way to eat it is overnight oatmeal. You combine 2/3 cup almond milk (or reg milk,soy milk), 1/2 cup greek yogurt-I use vanilla (or whatever yogurt you like) , 1/2 cup oats and a dash of cinnamon. Put in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight. In the morning I add raisins, or craisins, or walnuts, or brown sugar,or berries...what ever your want. I eat it on the way into work and it's awesome. A great way to eat oatmeal in the summer and I'm seriously full until mid afternoon. It's the best!
  • Smudar
    Smudar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't mind oatmeal. Try adding cooked plain oatmeal to a smoothie. Sounds gross but just makes the smoothie thicker.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have been eating "overnight oats" and I love it! I found a few different recipes on http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

My favorite one is the banana and cocoa one. :wink: yummy!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    my favorite oatmeal right now is Overnight Oatmeal.

.25 cup Rolled oats
    half a banana mashed
    .33 cup blueberries
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    .5 cup plain soy milk
    a little vanila
    a little cinnamon
    a little splenda

Mix everything together. put it in a little tupperware. refridgerate overnight.
    I usually pull it out before I work out, so it's not super cold when I eat it. It is so delish! Even my 9 year old daughter likes it! And SHE is a picky eater!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    High fiber cinnamon swirl. Adding fruit helps the taste and is great for you!
  • juliezum
    Options
    I have been eating "overnight oats" and I love it! I found a few different recipes on http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

My favorite one is the banana and cocoa one. :wink: yummy!!
  • juliezum
    Options
    I'll have to check out that site. I found recipes on Pinterest and the combinations are limitless.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check out that site. I found recipes on Pinterest and the combinations are limitless.

They also have oatmeal smoothies. I have not tried any yet, but they sound delicious. I really need something quick and easy to grab in the morning before going to work.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I buy plain quick oats and add milled golden flax (for healthy fat not flavor) and one of the following :

blueberries
    Peaches
    Honey
    Cinnamon
    Sugar Free red raspberry preserve
    or Aguave as a rare treat

LOVE OATMEAL CONSISTANTLY
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I add whole milk yogurt or Greek yogurt and fruit - mix it the night before and put it in the fridge, overnight the oatmeal soaks up some of the liquid instead of cooking it.
    Letting it sit overnight does make for a less "slimey" texture than microwaving or cooking.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like just plain oatmeal with milk and sugar, but I also like the overnight oatmeal and oatmeal with pecans in it. I will have to try the peanut butter one...never have I thought of that one!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest steel cut for those who say the texture is what makes them hate oatmeal. I see I am not the only person who likes it.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm going to have to try a lot of these.

I use Rogers - Porridge Oats With Oat Bran, Wheat Bran and Flaxseed, - it has a nutty flavour. I cook it with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg on the stove, then just about when it's finished I add it fruit - apples, apricots, strawberries, etc - whatever I have on hand. I make enough for 6 servings - eat one the day I make it, the remaining 5 go in containers; ready to take to work each day. One zap in the microwave and I have a hot delicious breakfast at work.
  • juliezum
    Options

They also have oatmeal smoothies. I have not tried any yet, but they sound delicious. I really need something quick and easy to grab in the morning before going to work.

Ha...this is what I found on pinterest. I haven't tried the cocoa flavor...but looks so yummy!
  • Lemoncakes
    Options
    I heart Oatmeal!!! Oomg!! Its so good:: some times I have it for lunch or even dinner- Im a sugar freak so I add brown sugar or Sweet-nLow and fruits to top it off... best are strawberries or bananas ::: Yum
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I eat oatmeal, I like to buy the bulk kind that you can buy by weight. Then I buy steel cut oats, barley, and wheat berries, plus raisins/cranberries/dried fruit, and then maybe nuts or seeds. I boil it with juice or water and keep a big pot in the fridge. Then, when I eat it, I heat it in the microwave with some milk and honey.