Quitting Smoking

Options
13»

Replies

• j_wilson2012
    Options
    Smoked 20 to 80 a day for 17 years, stopped for good 6/7 years ago.

Tablets, patches etc, just prolong the agony and you have a better chance of starting smoking again according to a number of studies I read 6/7 years ago. Something like 75% of people using supplements returned to smoking at a later date compared to a much lower figure when going cold turkey.

Cold Turkey is the way to go after 2 weeks the difference is amazing STAY AWAY FROM ALL ALCOHOL for sometime durning and after.

Patched are not great you are still getting nicotine!

Amen to that, man. Most people smoke MORE just because they are drinking. This will make you want to smoke. I do not drink very much, but I havent tested with beer yet.
    Sometimes I have those cravings that tell myself "okay, what If I go back to smoke? Noone will care." Ever get those kind of cravings? It is like that kid behind the wall holding a blunt in those Scruff McGruff cartoons. It is kind of annoying.
  • dorsiciliberti
    Options
    APPLE CIDER VINEGAR did the job for me. seriously, I have been in the process of QUITTING SMOKING for 2-3 years and I'm 25 days into my quit and couldn't believe how easy the ACV made it. The first week I took a shot ( a very small shot) twice a day. It kept me from craving anything, so I didn't eat a ton either. It made me feel detoxified quicker. I started jogging and walking at night so I wouldn't go to the bar downstairs and drink and smoke. I think since the apple cider vinegar cleaned me out and kept me from stiffing my face with food, it has been easier getting back into shape.
    I will say this, it tastes disgusting. and you're really not supposed to drink shots of it since it can mess up your esophagus. I always used cranberry-grape juice to chase it since the taste is so gross.

GOOD LUCK. and Stay positive.