Looking for a shake recipe

Options
Hi all
I work the overnight shift and I am looking for a shake recipe that is low in calories but will keep me full for my 8 hour sleep.

Mel

Replies

• Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Natural peanut butter with your choice of milk/water and a chocolate flavored protein would be good. You could always add ice, bananas, stuff like that. I got most of my recipes from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm

Personally, the easiest and most convenient one would be the chocolate coffee shake. Who needs starbucks when you can make this ;)
    Ingredients
    2 scoops of chocolate protein
    1 cup of skim milk
    5 ice cubes
    1 cup of water
    1 spoonful of instant coffee

If you bought a Casein protein, it'll keep you fuller longer since it's digestion rate is really slow.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of natural peanutbutter or coffee but thanks for the ideas. I have seen Casein are there any draw backs with putting that into your shakes and where would you get it.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    check out dashingdish its my go to
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Not a fan of natural peanutbutter or coffee but thanks for the ideas. I have seen Casein are there any draw backs with putting that into your shakes and where would you get it.

You should be able to find some at your local vitamin shop, GNC or online. There's no drawbacks, except it may take a bit more stirring/shaking to dissolve the powder.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!!