intro / pix

Options
Hey, I'm just writing because I need some more encouragement...again...I had a total fatty day [I've been trying this now for about 3 weeks]. 3 years ago I lost about 25 lbs but since then I have gained back 30 or so pounds. I wasn't even going to log in and track my food today because I know it will end badly, and I didn't do my work out...then I saw this current picture of me and it reminds me that I *have* to keep going. Here are some pics, hopefully it works to post them.
Current:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/Jaimejaimewhat/LumberJacked.jpg

Where I'd like to return to:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/Jaimejaimewhat/robots.jpg

Anyway, hi. Time to go track my shamefeast day.

*well I guess you have to copy / paste the links into your browser because I don't know how to add pictures to these.

Replies

• gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As I looked at your pics, the thing that struck me is how happy you looked in the "Robots" pic. Your eyes "popped." I'm not sure how you were feeling in the other picture, but I got the sense you didn't want your picture taken or you were avoiding the camera. I think if you had just let "you" shine through the first picture would have been better.

As for your day today ... you are well under my calories (granted, I had a crazy dinner with friends with ice cream cake, pyrogies etc and was able to stay within my calorie goal because I have a very high calorie goal).

That, and while your calories were higher today I would commend you that you still had some healthier options ... fruit, kale, 9 grain bread. I would much rather see someone fall off the wagon 1 day with those options for nutrition rather than just seeing someone stay under their calories but having only eaten fast food day after day.

I like the saying, "you don't have to be perfect. You can reach your goal by doing what you need to do 90 percent of the time." Keep at it!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The old picture was also some point in my life when I think I was really happy. I am not *unhappy* now per se but have more anxiety and I think that is contributing somewhat to my weight gain. However in this specific picture my face might be mid-sentence because someone snapped it of me at an art critique while I was talking about my art...it's a pic from a week or 2 ago that I just came across on facebook this evening that made me go..."OKAY, OKAY I'll still track my food! waaah...and fine I'll go do my 30 day shred." and now it is done and i'm proud even though I'm still over. Ta-Da!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Way to pull through the day! Kudos for getting the exercise done. All I was able to do was my daily dog walk.
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up and log everyday. Ifnyoure not gonna be honest with yourself who will!? Good luck!!!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    you are beautiful in both pictures. Honestly bad days happens, hell I've been in a bad day for the past three months up until this past week! The important thing is that you recognize where you want to be and that you have a goal as in how you are going to fix it. <3
  • WowingOverWhinging
    Options
    Bad days/weeks/months happen to everyone. I've had my fair (more than a) few! But the fact you want to keep going shows you have what it takes to turn your aspirations into reality. Keep going! :D
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I agree... you were beautiful in both pics. We all have craptastic days! I do! I still log every crappy choice I make. LOL It helps me remember why I should make better choices. ;) Keep working hard. Keep tracking. You got this!