splurged after being dedicated to dieting for one month

Options
So I've been alcohol free and fattening food-free since the beginning of July and yesterday was my "dooms day". We celebrated my friend's birthday which I hosted and although the cheesecake factory had a "skinny dish" menu, the cheesecake selections proved to be a battle! I punched in all the delicious sounding selections into my fitness app only to be turned off by the numbers. Then there was the alcohol at the club we went to. Oh I almost forgot to mention the part where I purchased 2 slices of cheesecake but for my roommates who would "share" a bite or two with me. I feel like crap today. Although I worked my butt off prior to the birthday day, I feel so bloated. Some encouragement would be great and much needed PLEASE!!!!!!

Replies

• mikmurphy
    mikmurphy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just forget it and move on! Congrats on one month of serious work :-) Does it work for you to allow yourself small treats here and there? I think they make lil cheesecake bites. That way you won't feel like going crazy heehee.
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Having a splurge day ONCE IN A WHILE is not going to derail your progress. Weight isn't about what you do in a single day. It's the general trend of your eating and health behavior. Besides, there's really nothing you can do now, anyway. Just accept it, and move on. And don't let it be the day that made you quit all of your efforts. You will be ok!
  • beachnik00
    Options
    Its okay, just remember how crap you feel now and use it for motivation for the next month! You've done amazing to get this far. One day isn't going to hurt, and it was a special occasion!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Check your numbers, I doubt this has done much damage. Just get back on track. Today is all that matters. And a little break keeps you fresh.

You know, there is room in being healthy to have a little fun once and a while too. :drinker:
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Celebrations are part of life. Just put it behind you and move on. Don't punish yourself.
  • roflsauce
    Options
    In the end, what is one day? One thing I said to myself is that I am not going to let my weightloss get in the way of socializing. Sometimes socializing comes at the price of alcohol and/or calorie rich food.

Don't feel bad, just start again today, like you have any day.
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Been there done that too, Hang in there get back on track & forget that happened! its just a thang! I am southern in case u wondered.