Do you have a treat everyday and what is it?

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had a small treat every day. As I gradually cut out junk from my diet I found I wanted it less. So most days I'm fine with some fruit, or a smoothie, or some cheese and crackers.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have dark chocolate everyday. Frozen
    yogurt as well.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    For me completely eliminating treats doesn't work and makes me give up, so instead I work a treat into my daily numbers everyday. Fudgescicles, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches, Tootsie Rolls (you get 6 pieces) and saltwater taffy (you get 7 pieces) are my favorites and fit nicely into my numbers. If I'm having the Tootsie Rolls or saltwater taffy that day I half it up and have half with my lunch and the rest as my "dessert" after dinner.

It's working so far! I've lost weight, inches and dropped 2 full BMI points in a month!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    To me, a treat is something that I would consider outside of a healthier eating plan, so although I have a nakd bar most days (raw fruit and nuts, no added sugar etc), I consider things like pizza, chinese, chips, chocolate, cake, cookies etc to be treats, and am working on limiting them to once a week as a treat day since I tend to prefer having it all at once rather than in dribs and drabs.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Since this is a change I plan to make permanent, I do fit a treat in everyday. I know I won't give up treats forever, so why give them up in the short term? I just do it in moderation and make sure it's part of my calories. My treats for the end of the day are usually one of these: skinny cow ice cream, popcorn or a cold beer.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Something so flavorful I don't need a lot. One square of a Ritters sports marzipan bar. A quarter cup of ice cream with a tablespoon of yoghurt and cashews. A bit of smoked salmon on flatbread. Smoked Gouda!

But just one!
  • settoloki
    settoloki Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like a chocolate covered biscuit, I used to eat these without moderation and in a few bites.

Watching what I eat has really made me appreciate them a lot more, I eat them slowly now and savour every bite.

If I'm having a sandwich I might treat myself to some baked cheese and onion crisps (chips for the Americans amongst you) baked crisps have a few less calories, but only once every couple of weeks for them if at all.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of Cadbury's Dairy Milk or a fun sized choc bar...! :) I let it melt on my tongue slowly...mmm! everyone needs a little treat each day dont ya think lol
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I fit in a treat everyday.

At the moment I'm loving Milkybar's. The cute little childrens ones with the picture on them. Only 67 cals and they satisfy my sweet craving and make me smile.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Sundays, I have anything I craved all week:-)
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheat meal or chocolate on Friday nights...it keeps me sane.lol!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a bowl of ice cream before bed.
  • wingednotes
    Options
    I don't crave treats, I crave quantity. To satisfty the need for mindless eating, I've been eating popcorn.
    If I really want sweets, I've been eating these Special K Pastry Crisps - kind of like a pop tart that you don't cook. 100 cals.
    On days that we are entertaining, I've been adding beer into my diet - definitely a treat, but not helpnig at all with my weight loss goals :(
  • samlankford
    Options
    usually it is a glass of merlot... I actually try to work it into my daily carb allowance if I think I may want it... I do keep mint dark chocolate around for those chocolate attacks but that is about it...
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I definately do, but I usually save it for after dinner. My little reward for a day well done. Has worked well for me so far. Often this is something sweet, since I have a sweet tooth like dark chocolate or a small amount of cookies or ice cream. Lately I have been getting into doing a mini bag of 94% FF popcorn some nights. You get a lot of popcorn for 100 calories and it's very satisfying to me.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have some kind of treat or treats every single day. You can look at my diary if you'd like!
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but I occasionally like a Chapman's Cranberry Trail Mix frozen yogurt on an ice cream cone. About 150 calories total.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have a fiber one bar with coffee in the evening most days. I started doing this for the fiber (because i need extra fiber due to diverticulosis) but now it is also because i feel like i'm getting a treat every day when i eat one.
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do one of those italian ice tubes for 80 cals or one square of dark chocolate or a skinny cow or weight watcher bar. I like to have dessert after my meal and if the cals fit in , I think its ok. : )
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Define treat?
    I usually have something in my day just for enjoyment. This week it has been a mint slice biccie with my tea after dinner, or a dark chocolate tim tam...yum!