Anyone 18 and need to lose 50+ pounds?

Options
Hola, i'm 18 and i need some help and some motivation/support. I am currently at my heaviest weight, and can't seem to find a way to get this weight to budge no matter how hard i kick a diet, and workout along with it. I've had days i've negatived out my calories and yet i've still gained weight the next day. I have been logging onto MFP for 125 days straight but really only about 50 days have i really been serious and trying to really lose the weight, and trying to break my habits of eating when i'm bored, and just eating to be eating.

Even with trying to kick the habits and most days succeeding with only eating when i'm hungry and working out with Zumba or walking and burning a pretty good amount of calories, my weight still stays the same if not more when i get on the scale weekly, every Wednesday.

I really need some help with trying to lose this weight, and not only that i need some motivation, and support from others out their. My boyfriend really helps me and has recently started teaching me some techniques with some weights, but he is tiny enough that he doesn't need to take this journey along with me, he is just helping me with some techniques and some motivation.
The biggest part of me is doing this for ME, but this is also for him as well. Because i know how he looked at me when i had lost over 25 pounds last year, only to gain it back over a years time until now.

I'll support you back if you would like to add me (;

Replies

• Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm Nikki. i'm almost 22 and i totally know what you mean i am a serious a slacker when it comes to losing weight. i've just started on my goals again and i wish you luck on yours. My final goal is 50-55 lbs depending on what its like when i get there. Just a hint of advice and i know its tough because i deal with it myself but try not to weight yourself everyday, give it a few days before you step back on... Good luck!
  • whairigaila
    Options
    Hey Lovely :)

I'm 23 and currently weigh 228lb which is not my heaviest (that was 244lb). My partner is the most supportive man in the world and adores me whatever size I am.

I so wish at 18 someone had been there to encourage me not to get any heavier. I am from a large family and love my food so I was a fat person waiting to happen! I always felt massive but looking back, i looked awesome!

So add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. No one can do it alone.

I promise (pinky promise) never to judge and be 100% honest

Much Love

WG xx
  • Almiten
    Almiten Posts: 14
    Options
    Not 18, but 30 and I need to lose 50 lbs. I'm 203 and I seem to can't get below 203 but I'm trying hard. Good luck to you
  • sgxh
    sgxh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im 19, that's pretty close to 18, right? :blushing:

I started on this journey 3 months ago, needing to lose 50 pounds off my body weight and i have lost 21 pounds today and sure as hell, those 3 months were tough! Falling off the wagon, beating yourself up over it but you know you have to get back on track or else all your hard work goes to waste. I still have another 29 pounds to go and it's not gonna be easy but i guess it's about determination, sweat and tears, right?

So always remember, dont give up along the way! There will be days you feel like eating every single thing you see but you just have to eat them in moderation! Fall off the wagon, get up because what is done has been done and tomorrow's a new day! Let's go kick some *kitten*, lovely!

PS: feel free to add me up as a friend, i wont bite, promise! hahaha