Intermittent Fasting

Options
What are your opinions on intermittent fasting? have you ever tried it? and if you have, did you like it?
personally ive tried it for this past week 16 hr fast (8pm-12pm) 8 hr eating window (1 pm to 8 pm) And i have to be honest, it really wasent as bad as i thought it would be, at first i could not get used to it but the managed to adapt to the eating style either way i sill consumed all my calories. In the end if your on the fence about it do some research but i encourage to try it out, personally its not my thing, i like getting up in the morning and eat and divide my calories 6 meals a day (yes i have the time haha).

Replies

• webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Today is my seccond day. I hear that day four is the worst! But after a lot of research I decided that it really sounds like a great concept. I am excited to see the health effects that it can potentially have on my body! If anyone has a tips or suggestions please let me know!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    There have been several recent threads about this here, with some wonderfully insightful and intelligent replies that will give you all of the answers you want. Use the search button to find them. I've been doing 16/8 since March and it really helps me keep my calories in check. I love the freedom of not having to plan meals and think about what I'm going to eat all day. The best part, I get to go to bed with a full belly.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd week of intermittent fasting. It's usually lean gains, 16 x 8 but I let it vary up to 20 x 4. As a former 6 small meals kind of guy (yes, I also had the time), I have been getting better results from IF. Keep in mind, I workout everyday and train fasted. I also follow the abs bullseye diet which includes only healthy eating. My whole body has been leaning out. I'm currently in the best shape of my life. As soon as I reach my weight goal, 3.5 lbs left, I plan to change my calorie intake from a deficit to maintenance. My overall goal is get abs. They are coming in and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I believe IF is going to take me home.

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif
  • southpawmx
    Options
    Do you guys take bcaas? or whey protein pre workout? i also followed leangains
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    Do you guys take bcaas? or whey protein pre workout? i also followed leangains

I take BCAAs. You know if you take whey protein pre workout- that counts as breaking your fast.
  • southpawmx
    Options
    yeahh, i read an article on leagains and martin said you can take whey protein pre workout but i wasent sure
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    yeahh, i read an article on leagains and martin said you can take whey protein pre workout but i wasent sure

I read that article too. It's almost contradicting the way he words it.

Remember: consuming calories = breaking fast

whey protein - at least 100 calories, last I checked.

.. You don't have to train fasted but it is highly recommended as I'm sure you already know.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I work out late, so I have a meal or two in me beforehand. I usually break my fast with a full meal. I've been experimenting with a pre workout drink of whey and OJ, and I definitely feel stronger during the workouts. I definitely am not my best working out fasted. Postworkout I take a combo of skim milk, MPI and OJ. It's usually my last food of the day, so I use MPI because of it's slower digestion rate.