A Work in Progress...

Options
meghan6867
meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
I promised myself that once I reached a health body mass index, I would post my story to the MFP Success Stories board. I hope this works. I've never posted pictures to a discussion board before...

So, here is my story:

In January 2012 I had reached an all-time low while my weight was at an all-time high. After a long overdue visit to the doctor, I was told that I needed make weight-loss a priority. I had let my weight spiral out-of-control and at 5'5" I had weighed in at 197 lbs. It was then and there that I swore to myself that I would never reach 200.

I joined MFP almost seven months ago and it has truly revolutionized the way I think about food and fitness. Since then, I have gone from a size 18 jeans, to a size 8. I have gone from 197 to 149.8 lbs (that's a loss of 47.2 lbs!). In just 208 days I have gone from having an obese BMI to falling within the normal range. I still want to lose about ten more pounds... but mainly, I want to focus on toning now.

July 2011: (I was about 180 lbs. here... I wound up gaining almost twenty more pounds)
268119_2210160896439_6234454_n.jpg

August 2012:
Photoon8-5-12at1049PM3.jpg

If you're like me and peruse this board for motivation... I want you to know that you CAN accomplish all your health and fitness goals. I've given some blood, A LOT of sweat, and even a few tears to get where I'm at now... Dedication and perserverence is the key.

It hasn't been easy... but it has been worth it.

Replies

• madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic!! you did an amazing job ...and im like you..i stalk the success board as its a great motivation...i just started my weight loss journey not long ago...i hope to one day look as fabulous as you!!

i started out as the same weight as you and want to loss around the same as you have...you are SO motivating me right now!!
  • lillyflawarose1986
    lillyflawarose1986 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are my hero ryt now. Your starting weight and where you are now is my goal. I jus joined mfp ,can i add u as a friend for support. Thank u. You r amazing. Great job.
  • cre8inmee
    cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC job. You don't even look like the same person.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    WOW you look so happy and healthy, way to go!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm sorely needing it today :)
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • sting8989
    sting8989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What a difference! You look great!
  • abbey_801
    Options
    Look at those legs!! You look stunning. Well done. Great inspiration x
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love to see posts like this where you can see what determination and hard work can do. Congratulations, you should be very proud of yourself!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job. I love to see success stories. Thanks for posting. You look GREAT!!!
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!! :)
  • blooms27
    blooms27 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us! You look happy and fit!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    OMG you are ROCKING those compression shorts. And your waist!!! Where did it go?!!? I love it. You've got such a killer body now, and you can't even tell that you ever used to be overweight. Girl, that smile of yours should be ear to ear. If I looked half as good as you, I'd be doing a happy dance nonstop.

Amazing. I don't blow smoke up peoples' *kitten*, but you are seriously a HUGE inspiration!

Work in progress my *kitten*. You reached the finish line my dear.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Amaaaazing accomplishment! And wonderful inspiration! Thank you for sharing.
  • lka6
    lka6 Posts: 8
    Options
    You look great!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC! Thank you SO much for the tread its an inspiration! :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You all are so sweet! :blushing:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!

I hope I have legs that look that healthy and strong when I'm close to goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!