Giving it a go!

Hey am Tom,
I've been on this site for a while, but never really used it - I have every intention of starting weight loss and then don't follow it up. In saying that over the past week I really have give it a go! Think this time it will stick :) (apart from inconsiderate family members going out for a birthday meal in an Italian restaurant - who can't resist indulging a bit)

09072012.png

Here is a pic I took on the 9th July 2012 - the last time I tried to start - it lasted a couple of days then I fell back to my old ways of bacon butties and big portions.

For the past week I have been logging my food and exercise, started boxercise and "power hour" at the local gym bit daunting being the only bloke in the class but I manage.

Instead of dieting I am just attempting to alter my eating habits, I go for a bowl of ceral at around 9:30 am at work, soup for lunch and then being a single bloke I don't see the point in cooking for just one but have found the Tesco's Lightchoice Meals to be really tasty and cheap, so unless I am having company I stick one of them in the ole microbox.

Just wanted to introduce myself - if I tell all you people about my start I can't fail - that would be embarrassing.
Am all for jumping into a new community and making new friends so add me if you fancy a chat or want to exchange secrets :)

Replies

• If you can believe it, I am 39% body fat :| yikes! is all i can say! Everyone is here to help!
  • settoloki
    settoloki Posts: 30 Member
    it's not body fat, just relaxed muscle :) that's what I keep telling myself anyway haha!
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Glad to hear you are trying again. It really does help to be on here and log your food and exercise everyday! Lots of encouraging people here! Just use common sense when reading posts and such! I changed to a Plant Strong diet about a year ago, makes a big difference in the way it feel (Forks over Knives or Engine2diet are great reads) . As far as working out, just keep doing it don't give up and soon you will be able to keep up and keep feeling better and better and find you can do more and more! Add me if you want! Just keep logging in everyday and you will be amazed at what can happen!