How long do you wait before weighing yourself in the am?

Options
I'm extremely curious to see all the different answers. I've been thinking about this quite often. Is there a right time to do this?

Replies

• uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    As soon as I get up and use the restroom I weigh myself.
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh after i use the bathrm too, but do y'all weigh daily or once a week?
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

I do the same every Monday morning.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I get up, use the bathroom then weigh myself.

I only weigh once a week on Friday mornings.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I weigh every day. Kind of bad - I know!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    After I pee!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at night and once a month.. ???? oh well. To me if I lost then I lost if I didn't well usually after a month there is sme loss lol.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After I poop
  • I usually weigh in every Wednesday after I finally get out of bed, and use the bathroom. A lot of the times I wait until I feel like my body is fully awake before stepping on the scale..which could be 20-30 minutes. I don't know this is is good or not. I started weighing in only once a month now.
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to weigh myself every day as Its kinda addictive.Going more for measurements this month.However I always step up after my shower and before I'm dressed.:laugh: I just dont log it :tongue:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to weigh myself every day as Its kinda addictive.Going more for measurements this month.However I always step up after my shower and before I'm dressed.:laugh: I just dont log it :tongue:

I agree I logg my monthly results but do have occasional moments where I step on the scale out of curiosity lol.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to get an early morning work out in (that helps shed the bodily fluids that may have built up due to sodium and such). After showering and drying my hair, I go up to the gym to weigh once a week. I'm thinking about buying a scale, but I'm afraid I'd be tempted to weigh daily. I don't think that would be good for my peace of mind. I know weight fluctuates during the week. I wouldn't want the depression of that pound going up and down.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Once a week, after I pee but before I get dressed.

I'll go nuts if I weigh daily, I just can't handle the day to day ups and downs :)
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I do the same every Monday morning.

Ditto
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    After using the toilet and before eating. Weigh naked and you will get the most accurate number.
  • LisaGore1
    Options
    I weigh morning right after I wake and use the bathroom I also weigh at night just before bed to see where I was for the day and its usually 3lb more.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    As soon as I am awake after I go pee :smile:
  • I like to get an early morning work out in (that helps shed the bodily fluids that may have built up due to sodium and such). After showering and drying my hair, I go up to the gym to weigh once a week. I'm thinking about buying a scale, but I'm afraid I'd be tempted to weigh daily. I don't think that would be good for my peace of mind. I know weight fluctuates during the week. I wouldn't want the depression of that pound going up and down.

This is something I have a problem with. I have a scale, don't get me wrong, I love it, but I seem to be stepping on it ALL the time! I'm going to have a friend hide it for me until September 1st. I don't want to step on it anymore. It shouldn't be about the number. It should be how I feel. I get extremely depressed if it goes up the next day, even though I know it's physically impossible for this to happen. You're smart for doing this.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I only have scales at the gym, I've been weighing randomly when ever I remember, I usually do it just before I leave to go home. Usually in between 11.30am and 12.30pm
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Right after I wake up and have been to the bathroom, before I get dressed. Every friday morning :)