Solved the mystery of why America's portion sizes are insane

Options
TheGoblinRoad
TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
Last week, while drinking my "small" (read: ginormous) soda at the movie theater, a light flickered over my head.

Then when it went out, the movie started.

Then I had a realization.

Aliens have increased all our portion sizes in an attempt to fatten us up for their eventual holiday, similar to Halloween, where we're given out to trick-or-treating alien kids.

Yeah, that's it.

Replies

• feistygirl09
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like it!!!
  • Veronica_Taylor
    Options
    Yea, it has nothing to do with Americans' gluttony whatsoever. Nope, it is aliens...

lol
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    *epiphany*

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!!
  • agarlits
    Options
    Yea, it has nothing to do with Americans' gluttony whatsoever. Nope, it is aliens...

lol

YEAH, Gluttony pshhh LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey pass the ice cream cake:happy:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options

lol

*suspects alien presence in MFP now*
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    LOL! that is to funny.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I knew it wasn't my fault!! D@mn aliens made me addicted to carne asada fries too!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well if you haven't noticed most fast food chains, in the US (as this was not the case YET when I was in Europe in August), have upped their normal sizes.... what used to be a medium is now a small... large is now medium and so on. I think this is how McD managed to get rid of their "supersize" size... just change and shift all the other sizes... cause that's what America needs :grumble:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I blame my mother......she is the one who always told me to clean my plate, even if I wasn't hungry anymore because there were starving children somewhere or another. Thanks Mom! Now there are fat kids in America. Maybe.....my mom is one of the aliens!!:sick:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I blame my mother......she is the one who always told me to clean my plate, even if I wasn't hungry anymore because there were starving children somewhere or another. Thanks Mom! Now there are fat kids in America. Maybe.....my mom is one of the aliens!!:sick:

Do you think "other countries" are saying to their kids "No you can't have more, there are fat kids in America!" and that's how they stay skinny? :laugh:
  • Gogo
    Options

Do you think "other countries" are saying to their kids "No you can't have more, there are fat kids in America!" and that's how they stay skinny? :laugh:

:laugh: Maybe!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I was looking through a grocery store weekly circular last week and noticed there was a page called "essentials." There wasn't a single thing on that page I found to be "essential!" It was ALL cookies, chips, and soda. I laughed and then almost cried. How could that crap be marketed as "essential?" Ugh.
  • Gogo
    Options
    I was looking through a grocery store weekly circular last week and noticed there was a page called "essentials." There wasn't a single thing on that page I found to be "essential!" It was ALL cookies, chips, and soda. I laughed and then almost cried. How could that crap be marketed as "essential?" Ugh.

:laugh: I thought "essentials" were like toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc..... Was I wrong?:laugh:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options

Without a cookie, we would drop dead within 24 hours! Vitamin Y(um!)

Seriously, though--that's nuts.

Were there nuts in the cookies? 'cuz that's nuts, really.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    My wife went to Poland last year on a teacher's trip (group of teachers travelling and learning about their educational system) and she noticed that soup was at most meals, portions were small, and no one ate snacks. It wasn't a financial thing, either. That's just how they lived.

The only overweight people she saw were the Americans in her group (including herself) and she felt like the Polish residents must be amazed by how big Americans are.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Without a cookie, we would drop dead within 24 hours! Vitamin Y(um!)

Seriously, though--that's nuts.

Were there nuts in the cookies? 'cuz that's nuts, really.

:laugh:
  • agarlits
    Options

This is very true, because everyone knows that fat americans make starving children in Kenya feel better :drinker:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    reminds me of the plotline of the movie Wall-E
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: I just realized that my mummy is an alien too :ohwell: :ohwell:

But I am ok, daddy is skinny. Then again, maybe he is the alien who brainwashed mommy :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: That you make me half an alien :noway:

Watch out everyone!!! Here comes Missou!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    .. and we, like stupid chickens, will just eat and it, because its their?

Well, now that I know making healthy choices is an act of rebellion against those wishing to eat me, it sounds so much more fun! :tongue: