Hiking NSV!!

Options
sting8989
sting8989 Posts: 21 Member
For the first time in years my family and I decided to go hiking this weekend. What a wonderful experience!!! We chose a moderate trail which must have been rated by an Olympic athlete. It was a difficult hike to the summit but it was well worth the view. I would have never dreamed of doing this 1 year ago as I laid in the hospital getting a stint put in my heart. This is only the beginning as we are looking forward to getting out and doing this again!

The trail was 1.4 miles to the summit, so 2.8 total miles of pretty difficult terrain. There were lots of breaks and jokes made of what did we get ourselves into. It was worth it!!

After lots of effort I cannot get the photo to load. Oh well worth a try!

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss36/sting8989/Untitled.jpg

Replies

• Catskillet
    Catskillet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ...way to go! Keep at it! I joined a hiking group 2.5 years ago just to meet people since my husband and I were new to the area (I didn't even like hiking at the time) Consequently....all my friends are the outdoorsy type....into hiking, kayaking, biking, snow-shoeing, skiing. In other words, for me to have a social life....I had to work at it. Keeping up with them has put me in the best physical shape of my life. Nothing compares to being outdoors....I hope you keep it up....believe me, the hills will get easier, and hiking will lead to other fun activities that you can share with your daughter!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great job! My boyfriend and I try to get in a good hike every weekend! so glad you enjoyed your time outside with a good hike. Keep up the good work! :o)
  • dmdakd
    dmdakd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, me and my wife went on a "moderate" hike of 4 miles this spring, I think we new we were in trouble when we go to the trailhead and saw the Appalachian Trail signs. We were not expecting to walk up and down mountains for three hours climbing over boulders but we did it and had a blast. One day with enough work we will be able to look around and say to our friends “this is a moderately difficult walk in the woods” and keep a straight face.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! A few weeks ago my partner and I went on a "moderate" hike of 2.5 miles at Mt. Rainier. The description said it was only a 700 foot change in elevation. What they didn't mention was that was the net change and the trail went up and down and up and down, so you end up climbing over 1200 feet total. I ended up scrambling over rocks and snow, and thought I was going to die by the end of it, but we did it. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you make it to the end?

Congratulations to you for making it to the summit on your hike!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!