Do you have a goal size?

Options
2»

Replies

• lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    started at size 24 (UK) now between a 22 (UK)and 20 (UK) aiming to reach size 14 (UK). I have a large frame and dont think I would look very healthy if I went too low. I have bought myself a dress to aim for and Have it hung in my bedroom like a work of art to remind me each morning why I have changed my lifestyle.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    size 10 UK would be good but i am going more for actually weight and bmi. Partly because a size 10 in some stores is a size 12 in others! Despite having these standard sizes the actual size does vary from shop to shop, at least here in the uk. Plus the type of clothing also makes a difference too. I can sometimes wear loose fitting dresses and skirts in a twelve but could not wear a 12 pencil skirt or something that was fitted and with jeans I have 12s that have stretched over time and 14s that are too big as well as 14s that fit me!! and don't get me started about tops matching the bottom size lol. Still it will be a happy day for me when I buy a 10 that actually fits.

I wont buy new in that size until I am there but I do have stuff left from the days that I was that size.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started as a US size 10/11, now I'm a size 2, and I'd like to get down to a size 0.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    size 10 UK would be good but i am going more for actually weight and bmi. Partly because a size 10 in some stores is a size 12 in others! Despite having these standard sizes the actual size does vary from shop to shop, at least here in the uk. Plus the type of clothing also makes a difference too. I can sometimes wear loose fitting dresses and skirts in a twelve but could not wear a 12 pencil skirt or something that was fitted and with jeans I have 12s that have stretched over time and 14s that are too big as well as 14s that fit me!! and don't get me started about tops matching the bottom size lol. Still it will be a happy day for me when I buy a 10 that actually fits.

I wont buy new in that size until I am there but I do have stuff left from the days that I was that size.

It's crazy- isn't it? When I was a size eighteen I remember distinctly going into Asda after a new pair of jeans- I tried on four different styles. Some fit me in a size eighteen, one wouldn't fit unless it was a twenty, one I could barely squeeze into the twenty- and another I looked good in a size sixteen!

Like you, I don't buy new at the moment. My size seems to change every three-four, so for now I have a wardrobe of charity shop bits which can be re-donated when the time comes!
  • Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    Options
    I put on a bit of weight in the past couple of months and was having a hard time squeezing into my UK 10 (US6) clothes. I think I'd like be a small UK8 but I'm personally more concerned about the overall shape and tone of my body rather than the size!
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    A UK 12. It's what I used to be. I had a flat stomach but quite a "womanly" body. And I thought I was fat.

Hindsight is a cruel, cruel thing.
  • OliviaUnicorn
    Options
    I'm now size 42 in pants and about 38-42 in shirts. My goal size in pants is 36 and in shirts 34-36. It's a long way to go, but I hope I can make it! : )
  • jennib2002
    Options
    US 10-12.....I started in an 18-20 depending on the cut. I now have some 16's so I am getting there!!!
  • welshwoofer
    welshwoofer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to be a UK size 10 in any shop (so it may be an 8 in some of the more generous shops).

I'm a uk size 12 bordering on 10 now but some shops size 10s look like doll's clothes especially on the bottom half. I have broad hips and legs so need the lower half to shape up more before a size 10 is an easy fit!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    UK size 6-8 (I'm only 5ft0 tall). I'd like to be about 7st but I'd settle for 7 1/2 st.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Uk size 8 (US 4) for me- I'm between a 10 and 8 just now so hopefully it ont take too much longer to get where I want to be :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    US size 6 or maybe 8
  • LaurennJune
    LaurennJune Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My absolute dream would be to fit into a pair of size 10 (UK) jeans from Topshop! Quite a way to go though, I have to say...
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    lol I have quite a backside, inherited from my mother and even when I was a teenager and weighed around 7.5- 8 stone it was still there forcing me to buy clothes one size bigger than the waist size I needed!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i'm getting to a point where i'm pretty happy with the way i look now... except on days where i feel bloated and feel like my belly is sticking out, then i wanna cry... i'm like the scale says i still weigh the same, but i look much bigger.... i drink plenty of water, so i dunno what it is. but stepping on the scale keeps me motivated because every day i expect it to be a bigger number and when it still isnt, it makes me happy
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Mine is a (US) size 4. I'm currently in a size 10 and at my high weight I was a size 16. I am hoping to get to at least a size 6 by Christmas :smile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Aiming for US 8-10 or so. But I might re-evaluate. I'll be happy once my belly disappears. The rest doesn't bother me. I do have a goal waist measurement though. So I'll probably just keep going until I hit it.