A Week off the Wagon with devastating results

Options
13»

Replies

• Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have gained 3lbs since Thursday and had 2 days of restaurant and takeaway eating due to family occasions - even though I have been hammering the gym, walking loads and within calories - I have put it down to sodium and possibly increasing my weights? - so drinking loads of water to flush the crap out. - I am sure the scales will catch up with my effort. glad for the reassurance of this thread :)
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This would be why I advocate daily weigh-ins.

If you only weigh once a week or worse, once a month, and your weigh-in day happens to be a day after you loaded up on sodium or you've got a three-flusher coming down the pike, you end up freaking out about nothing and doing all kinds of unnecessary calorie math.

Daily weigh-ins give you a better picture of your progress and prevent these kinds of hysterics when the number is temporarily higher than you expect it to be.
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So as the majority suggested - water, water everywhere! Weighed in this morning - It's all gone :smile:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found and read this thread.
    I have been looking forward to my holiday for months, but it has been tinged with trepidation as I am aware that I will find it hard to log in and even harder to be controlled in a hotel environment with 3 children.
    I have tried to lose extra weight for the past couple of months, in the hope that if I then go up, at least it won't show up so much, but I have't been as successful as I hoped.

Reading all your thoughts and comments has given me a greater optimism, perhaps I'll put some weight on, but maybe not too much, and I should be abe to lose it with lots of care and a few weeks.
    Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found and read this thread.
    I have been looking forward to my holiday for months, but it has been tinged with trepidation as I am aware that I will find it hard to log in and even harder to be controlled in a hotel environment with 3 children.
    I have tried to lose extra weight for the past couple of months, in the hope that if I then go up, at least it won't show up so much, but I have't been as successful as I hoped.

Reading all your thoughts and comments has given me a greater optimism, perhaps I'll put some weight on, but maybe not too much, and I should be abe to lose it with lots of care and a few weeks.
    Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Do what you can to avoid sodium. Even then you will have some water weight when you return. Its almost unavoidable. Drink more water than usual and try to squeeze in as much exercise as you can. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much. Seriously.

Your stomach has shrunk from your current diet and that will have some control over your portions. The most important thing is to enjoy your time with your family. After that if you give some thought to your sugar, alcohol, grease and starch intake that's good but don't let it ruin your vacation. Generally when we are traveling we are moving more than when at home on our normal routine so the BMR calories required during travel time will actually be higher. That's one reason why so many people are surprised (after they lose the water weight) that they end up the same or better after a trip of abundant eating. The other reason is that it takes 3,500 extra calories to make 1 pound of fat in your body. That's a LOT of food.