Does fast food affect how you feel?

Options
2»

Replies

• charisma103
    Options
    Fast food makes me feel sluggish, bloated,and just plain icky. I used to eat fast food three times a day if not more, and I always regretted eating it afterwards.

McDonalds by far gave me the worst feeling of bloat. My body always felt puffy, especially my face. I don't have urges to eat that type of food anymore because I hate the feeling it gives me afterwards.

Although, I still enjoy the Ice Cream treats :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Some people may have legitimate digestive issues to certain foods, but the vast majority of people who claim that "fast food only" makes them feel different, it's purely psychosomatic. They've spent so much time convincing themselves that a fast food burger is so much worse than a home made burger that their mind causes the body to react. It's basically the placebo effect in reverse.

In the case of true digestive issues from food, you'd get similar stories to people already in this thread, where they feel I'll effects from eating a specific food, regardless of whether that food actually came from fast food or not. Also, an underlying illness that causes problems. Barring that, it's a total mental game.
  • LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used to ADORE fast food. I couldn't get enough.

Nowadays, because I've distanced myself from it so much, it actually starts to make me feel a little sick, if not guilty. Grateful for it really. :)

Although, I don't think I'll EVER leave my complicated relationship with chicken. It's just too damn good.

^^This for me too. Fast food totally affected how I felt physicially and more importantly mentally.
    Sure it was magical in the beginning. Sure it left me satisfied back then, but I knew it wasn't a healthy relationship. I knew I was getting used, and I felt so gross after. Those late night booty calls ruined my swagger, so I had to cut all ties. I distanced myself from the abusive relationship that I had gotten caught up in.

Now, I can drive by his place and I don't even remember what the attraction was. He took so much from me, but really gave so little. And he certainly doesn't smell good. In fact, I gagged a little the last time I caught a whiff of his old tired game. Good riddance. I have moved on!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the meat part of it. I just feel like I have a rock in my stomach. I can do a couple french fries but a cheesburger? Nuh uh
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fast food all the time. Since I stopped eating it so much, the few times that I've had to have it (because i was on the go and couldn't make dinner) it's made me feel so gross. The rest of the day I would have stomache pains and feel so tired. I try very hard no to have it at all now, because I don't want to feel like that again
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel bloated, greasy, fat, depressed, I swear it causes a poor nights sleep and hard poo!!!!!!
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    Fast food makes my stomach hurt. I hate it. About 15 minutes after eating it I feel like *kitten*
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. For instance, the idea of feeling sick after two bites of normal white bread is pretty laughable to me.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    It affects how I feel-in a good way. I pretty much love fast food and have to work at limiting it. It just makes me more satisfied than healthy food.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I think it's almost entirely mental.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nope. I feel fine after eating fast food as long as I don't over indulge.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I think it's almost entirely mental.

I wish it were. I try to eat whole food vegan, but sometimes I'm tempted to eat something my kids make or bring home: pizza, mac & cheese, quesadillas, etc. For some reason, I usually forget that these foods can make me feel like a have a sudden head cold...then, BAM!! There it is, and I say to myself "Well, THAT hasn't gone away again."

Perhaps, these lousy feelings after eating fast foods are really a slight sensitivity to them.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    After clean eating and not eating fast food for a while and having a cheat meal last week, yeah it made me feel very sluggish. In fact, I didn't even work out afterwards like I orginally planned to do.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    After clean eating and not eating fast food for a while and having a cheat meal last week, yeah it made me feel very sluggish. In fact, I didn't even work out afterwards like I orginally planned to do.

I feel this too. Sluggish, tired, worthless! I crave nutrient rich food after eating anything processed and high in sodium. I try and avoid it as much as possible But this weekend the girls wanted Chinese so I tried to not go massively over board but it still made me feel rubbish.