Not losing weight - open diary - help?

Options
2»

Replies

• HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of protein shake....has is occurred to you that upping the protein (I assume you are exercising) is causing you to gain muscle while losing fat? Start watching your fat, and sugar. I don't see much fruit or veggies...I'd make a change there as well!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would try logging everything.........................accurately...........Like others have said most of what you're eating appears to be crap (don't get me wrong.....this won't have effect on weight loss if you are estimating correctly.......I dont think you are). Almost all of your diary can be summed up in 4 words.... cheeseburger, quick add, protein.. Avoid the quick add......log what you eat. Add some fruits and veggies and get your protein higher.....It's low.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, stuffing yourself with processed foods and than piling protein shakes on top is not going to help. You need to take a good hard look at what you are eating. Body builders treat their bodies like a finely tuned machine and only use the highest grade fuel.

If you are in the UK feel free to check out my diary (not a body builder) but do some heavy lifting and so I need decent fuel. You may find some ideas there that will help you get on the right track. It is not perfect by any means but much better than the food you are eating at the moment.

Make sure you log everything as this will show you where you can make adjustments to keep calories down and macro nutrients up.

Good luck mate.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    I also thoroughly doubt a doner kebab is only 300 odd calories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1129309/Just-doner-kebab-contains-entire-days-calorie-allowance.html

I know its the DM but some kebabs are 2000 calories.

I agree!!
  • krb2012
    krb2012 Posts: 6
    Options
    know the feeling..when you find something that works let me know..
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    All I see is Kebabs, protein supplements, and cheeseburgers. Lots of processed crap, no fruits and veggies, no healthy fats, your nutrition is a nightmare.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? All you've been eating is donner kebabs, maryland cookies, meatball paninis and two cheeseburgers a day.

^^^^^THIS!!!!
    You don't have any fruits or vegetables or real food to speak of!

You might want to look into some fruits and vegetables like the poster above said. Your diet is terrible! Meatballs and cheeseburgers are not all your body needs.

THIS again...dont take offence by this as this is coming from someone who used to eat around 3000-4000 calories a day.. breakfast woudl be cheese on toast, beans, sausage,egg,hash brown black pudding and washed down with a can of full sugar monster.. i wont even start on my lunch and dinner except it would involve a lot of mc donalds e.t.c

You diet is shocking i have to admit...i agree more fruit and veg... a cheeseburger for breakfast? i would suggest re-evaulating your diet massively. that said your losing weight and like everyones said 4lb in a week is *kitten* hot work! but being skinny doesnt suggest being healthy!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Try to get your calories from fruits, veggies, proteins, fiber, good fats, etc... it fill fill you up with out weighing you down. When I first started I was just looking to fill my calories with anything that was tasty (like junk food), yet still within my calories. Even if I was under my calories I'd still be SO hungry. Now I try to eliminate junk food and fill my day with good calories.

Also if you are closer to a healthier weight it might take a lot longer to lose one single pound.

And make sure you are tracking your food accurately. Weigh and measure everything! Don't guess and estimate! That could be a huge issue as to why you think you are staying under your calories, yet not losing weight.
  • Menoetius1
    Options
    Hmm, I am a member of a body building forum and they were saying a calorie is a calorie
    I will try to eat a lot more fruit and cut down on the ready made stuff
    Thanks!
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing Ive ever had to do (diet and excerise) Its not easy and what works for me might not work for you, I have some great support friends on this site that keep me coming back, so stay tuned LOL and if you feel you are not getting enough support from certain MFP's delete them and look for supporting one's. Also Ive found the web site to be a load of info on everything weight loss,diets,excerise ect.. So explore the web and find what works for you,Support is the main ingredient for a healthyer you!!
    Good luck!!
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I am a member of a body building forum and they were saying a calorie is a calorie
    Thanks!

A calorie is a calorie :) but look after yourself! fruit and veg is good for you processed food and mic food has lots of salt and fat in them. try it...i gaurantee you'l feel better.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

for purposes of weight management, a calorie is a calorie. For purposes of maintaining ones health, there is a huge difference between a calorie from a hamburger and a calorie from brocoli. That brocoli comes with all sorts of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that are simply not found in that burger.....and the idea is to live a long and healthy life. Healthy is a lot more than being at an "ideal" weight or having large muscles.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Thanks!

It doesn't matter where the calories. come from but a bad menu keeps you in bad habits. It makes it harder to keep up when you surround yourself with temptations at every meal. Good habits can be learned and your pallet will change over time. I haven't had kebab in 17 years, but I still remember that when you cook it you don't need to put oil in the pan because it has so much:)
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    People lose weight differently. You have to be patient with yourself and learn to lose weight consistently. The weight loss solutions (http://www.dukandiet.com/Dukan-Coaching/Slimming-Secrets) that have worked consistently with me in the past are sticking to a low carb, high protein diet and working out for an hour at least 4 times a day. Drinking a lot of water and eating food with less salt to prevent water retention. I’m sure you’ll get past this plateau stage. Just keep at it.