Need some help....getting discouraged :(

Options
2»

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are pretty consistent at eating way under your suggested calories. I wonder if that might be it. You could do what was suggested to me and that was up my calorie intake. You might want to try that for a week even 2 and see if the scale moves.

denise
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Now I am pretty new to this so take this for what it is worth but your calories are really low. It doesn't look like you eat a whole lot during the week. I had always heard you are suppose to eat your calories that you burned from exercising or at least half of them. Maybe your body is storing food because the calorie intake is so low. Maybe this is causing your metabolism to slow down? I hope someone on this forum can help you out. Good luck!:smile:

^This
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    Everyone has made some great suggestions here. Congrats on your success so far!

Try eating less processed foods. Less sodium, less sugar. Eating more foods you can wash will help your body become a machine. (whole foods) Good fats: nuts, nut butters (if you don't have an allergy), avocado. Also, with every meal or snack make sure you include a protein, carb and fat. (Example, if you have an apple, eat some nuts or cheese with it)

Now that you're closer to your goal it will be harder, but you can do it.

Good luck!
  • kamkelmac
    Options
    Thank you all for your guidance and support. I increased my calories, I will try it for 2 weeks and see how it goes. I am also going to get some protein powder today to be sure to increase my protein. :) can anyone suggest something good... I was told Whey.??? I will keep you all updated... thanks for your support and you are all doing a great job too..:flowerforyou:
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    I am also going to get some protein powder today to be sure to increase my protein. :) can anyone suggest something good... I was told Whey.??? I will keep you all updated... thanks for your support and you are all doing a great job too..:flowerforyou:

Will these be meal replacement shakes or snack/post/pre workout shakes? If the former, then go with casein protein. If the latter, then go with whey. The reason for the difference is because casein takes longer to break down so not only are you burning more calories to digest it, but you will also be fuller for a longer period of time.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your guidance and support. I increased my calories, I will try it for 2 weeks and see how it goes. I am also going to get some protein powder today to be sure to increase my protein. :) can anyone suggest something good... I was told Whey.??? I will keep you all updated... thanks for your support and you are all doing a great job too..:flowerforyou:

Give it 4-6 weeks instead of 2. :wink: I really like Optimum Nutrition Whey. They have a million great flavors, and it mixes easily with a spoon--no blender necessary (unless you just want to).. I buy the double rich chocolate and the vanilla ice cream flavors, but from what I hear, they're all good. Optimum is available at any health food/vitamin store, or you can order it from Amazon.com. (I buy it from there because it's cheaper than anywhere in my area.) It tastes GREAT!! I'm VERY picky about protein shakes, and these really taste fantastic. There are many other good powders out there, but that's my favorite so far. Good luck girl. :bigsmile:
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    You could have put on muscle mass and that must be the ‘weight’ you see on the scale. My advice- continue what you’re doing. Continue to eat right and exercise. Some weight loss diet tips (http://www.dukandiet.com/) - eat fibrous, non-starchy foods and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Get enough sleep and exercise for an hour every day. Yes, weight loss has its ups and downs but if you continue to do the right thing, there is NO reason why you should not lose weight.