Losing the baby weight

Hi all. I just had my 3rd baby 4 weeks ago. I'm an avid over eating, been battling it for 7 years now. I wasn't planning on evening thinking about losing weight until week 6, however I've been eating so much already that I'm putting weight back on already (which usually doesn't happen until the 2nd or 3rd month of breastfeeding for me). So, I wanted to start tracking my calories and slowing get back to working out. I love to work out, and am a runner (3-5 miles 3 times a week). I'm just looking for some support and motivation from fellow moms also trying to lose their baby weight. I've never been able to get back to my pre pregnancy weight with my previous two children, so any motivation will help! Thank you all so much!

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    I'm sure you know this, but just make sure not to limit your calories too much since you are breastfeeding! Maybe some people can diet while nursing, but whenever I tried to limit my calories too much my supply would drop. I couldn't really start losing until my babies started eating solids and nursing less. Now I am actually 10 pounds less than I was when I got pregnant the first time (I have 2)! Of course, running after my kids rather than sitting on my butt at a desk job all day burns a lot more calories. :)

I think it's a great idea to track your calories and try to eat well while you're trying to lose the baby weight. You can do it!!