Greetings!

I'm not a new member, I am a returning member.

My weight loss was going great, between January and April of this year I lost 2 stone and was going so well. On 20th April I was hit by a van while driving my motorbike home from work. I have been out of work and basically housebound (we don't have a car, both myself and my boyfriend drive bikes and we live in the middle of nowhere so getting taxis is very difficult, not to mention expensive!) for 16 weeks so far. I fractured the main weight bearing bone in my left leg and I am still learning to walk on my left leg again. I also sustained soft tissue injuries and nerve damage to both of my knees.
I am due to go back to the Orthopaedic Consultant in 6 weeks for further investigations and possibly an MRI. My foot and lower leg swell up like a balloon everyday, this is the main reason why the Orthopaedic Consultant wants to see me again, and the exercises and strengthening exercises prescribed by the physio are sometimes hindered by the amount of pain I am still experiencing. I am still walking with one crutch and a slight limp, my physio and I think the limp is partly down to pain and not being able to bear all of my weight through my left leg but also hesitation on my part after being off it for so long.

I have been going to physio since June, usually every second week or so. The physio has advised me that swimming will help both my injury and will help to limber up my body after such a long period of very little movement or exercise. I had a bad wound on my lower leg which has finally started to close up but has not closed fully so obviously I don't want to get into a swimming pool until that is completely healed - it already got infected so I don't want to risk it again.

So that's my story. I'm hoping to get back into the gym in the next 1-2 weeks if the wound on my leg continues to heal the way it has thus far. I have, as of today, started logging my food again so I'm hoping that will spur me on.