Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    yeah love MFP have to check in a few times a day ok so maybe 20 times lol
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I just wish MFP had a better android app. Its a little buggy.

^^I agree with this, from the iphone app, you can't read forums and stuff which is one of my favorite things BUT it's not blocked at work and I have LOTS of free time so I get my fix in lol
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree- and it's not even blocked at work like fb and twitter are lol

haha same here oops :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I use to check FB every chance I get now I check this first and if I have time left I check FB lol
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I love MFP! What is facebook anyway? I love coming on here and seeing all these wonderful people who care about looking great! Especially those hot looking women with some unbelievable bodies!!! And if I have a real health question, I get answers immediately instead of searching fake online posts!
  • Harry_Du
    Options
    never had facebook

I envy you, in all honesty.
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    I love MFP! What is facebook anyway? I love coming on here and seeing all these wonderful people who care about looking great! Especially those hot looking women with some unbelievable bodies!!! And if I have a real health question, I get answers immediately instead of searching fake online posts!

Tons of hotties right!? lol but really, it's great talking to people that know what's up...if I had a health question, I would just have wikipedia'ed it before and probably ended up dying or something similar...Woohoo MFP :D
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This site is WAY better than Facebook because everyone here is so supportive of each other towards a common goal.
    Facebook is just full of negative competition and braggarts. Facebook is so...depressing compared to MFPal.

I had one so-called FB "friend" who had like 4000+ "friends" all male - and all she did was post nearly nekked pics of herself every day taken from the cell-phone-reflection-in-a-mirror angle. I actually felt sorry for her because she was divorced and seemed to have developed a severe need for attention. But when her comments on what her ideas of real beauty, fitness and what you should/shouldn't eat started becoming so insulting (she pretty much told everyone that you needed to look like her to get any attention) I had to just delete her. She was so thin you could see every bone and to me, personally, that's not really attractive. Some people are just naturally that thin, I'm sure, but she seemed a little obsessive about eating so very little and working out like her outer appearance was all that mattered.

If you already have a warped perception of your own body image, being assailed by that every day can really start to bring you down. I want to look and feel healthy, not like I desperately need a cheeseburger. :smile:

Here, I love looking at the before and after pics of people's success stories. They're so inspiring and keep me moving forward towards my own goals with the hope that one day I can post the results of my own success. And I know that you have to love your inner self before you can accept your outer self. If you don't accept who you are on the inside, nothing you do to the outside will ever make you truly happy. :bigsmile:
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! When you go on FB its full of everybody mooaning and groaning about their life. On here people are actively doing something about it! I love the sucess photos, some people totally amaze me with what they have achieved!

so true!! deactivated fb over a year ago :drinker:
  • ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I rarely post on FB - mostly go to check and see what my daughter up to ;) and keep in touch with family. I don't post much here, it's a time issue with work, but I read and post as much as I can when I can! I do love the "usefulness" and encouragement of this site.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm totally on here more than FB now too
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Although MFP does have it's fair share of rude haters, the friends and support I have found of here that is directed towards our common goal is unlike any other. I'm always checking the threads and refreshing my "news feed" to see who has done what today! I actually feel uncomfortable putting my fitness statuses on Facebook because the overall response have a more negative, jealous feeling to them instead of supportive and positive.

Thanks to all of you <3
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    ^^^^ Yes, yes, yes...way more negative people on fb and those people are my REAL friends! I don't even know all of you but everyone rocks!