My Breakfast Addiction -

Options
Guys, I'm completely addicted to this breakfast. Sometimes I eat it for lunch as well. If you've never tried eggbeaters, I highly recommend them. They have just as much protein as an egg. 1/4 Cup = 1 Large egg, however eggbeaters only have 30 calories per serving as opposed to 70 calories in an egg.

Calories Protein

Egg Beaters - Southwestern Eggs, 1/2 CUP 60 12
Heinz - Ketchup, 0.5 Tbsp (17g) 8 0
Great Value - Turkey Bacon, 1 pan fried slice 35 2
Stroehmann Dutch Country - 12 Grain Bread, 1 slice 100 4
Country Crock - Country Crock Light, 1 Tbsp (14 g) 50 0

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat egg beaters but they're not good for omelettes.

My breakfast addiction is:

1 whole egg
    1 tsp shredded cheese
    a dash of Tony's seasoning
    if I have time add sliced green peppers n onions
    beat everything together for an omelete..
    1 whole wheat toast
    yummy
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    yeah breakfast is my fav meal of the day too! I love breakfast foods
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I take 1/2 cup of regular egg beaters and mix with cinnamon, and soak 2 slices of arnolds bakery light whole wheat or 7 grain bread it in. cook in a skillet with non stick cooking spray. in a small pot, I heat 1/2 cup frozen blackberries and 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. once the french toast is done, and the berries are warm and juicey, I serve with berry "syrup" on top. SO YUMMY.
    bread - 80 cal
    egg beaters - 45 calories for about 1/3 cup
    berries - about 80 calories.
    total - 205
  • AshlySouthard
    Options
    I take 1/2 cup of regular egg beaters and mix with cinnamon, and soak 2 slices of arnolds bakery light whole wheat or 7 grain bread it in. cook in a skillet with non stick cooking spray. in a small pot, I heat 1/2 cup frozen blackberries and 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. once the french toast is done, and the berries are warm and juicey, I serve with berry "syrup" on top. SO YUMMY.
    bread - 80 cal
    egg beaters - 45 calories for about 1/3 cup
    berries - about 80 calories.
    total - 205

That sounds great!
  • joturbin
    Options
    I make something similiar - I call it my Jojo McMuffin
    1/4cup eggbeaters
    1 slice 2% kraft American Cheese
    2 Slices Turkey Bacon
    1 - Thomas' 100 calorie Multi Grain english muffin

Keeps me full til lunch - I eat these for dinner all the time too.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    when I think to make them in advance I make breakfast quiche's:

chop & saute: 1/2 a small onion, 1 whole bell pepper, 5 baby bella mushrooms with 1 tsp minced garlic in 2 tbs EVOO

whip up 2 whole eggs & 2 egg whites & 2 tbs parmesian cheese and slowly add the veggie mixture

pour into a mini muffin pan lightly sprayed with Pam and sprinkle with a little more parmesian cheese (about 1 tbs) and basil

bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown

makes 20 mini quiche's. each quiche has 27 calories, less than 1 carb, 2 grams of fat and 1.5 grams of protein. I've also added fresh spinach and basil to the sauted veggies, or mixed 1/4 cup salsa and topped with a little mozzarella cheese and taco seasoning. 4 of those with a peice of 60 calorie toast is a great breakfast. If you wanted to cut the fat & calories a bit you could reduce the olive oil and/or used more egg whites than full eggs.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love 1/2 C Strawberry Yoplait Yogurt with 1/3 C Kroger Low-Fat Granola. I know that's boring, but I love it!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love eggbeaters! No fat in them either!

I usually eat 1 egg with .5-1cup eggbeaters, 1/4 cup nonfat moz. cheese and 2oz. of chicken or some canadian bacon. Yum!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast this fall... pumpkin oatmeal!!

1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal cooked w/ 1/4 c. solid pumpkin & 3/4 c. water
    Add in 1 scoop Biggest Loser Whey protein Vanilla bean flavor, 1/4 oz walnuts,
    cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice

Yum yum! :drinker: