The Boobs Topic

Options
Hello MFP friends, now that I got your attention with the subject line, I'd like to (semi-seriously) discuss the topic of weight loss, fitness and breast size/shape. I have a personal reason for this: when I weighed 126 lbs in my 20s, I wore a 34C bra, and I have to say, they looked really good. Since I put on all this weight, though (57 lbs above my goal weight) they've gone up to a 36EE and they sag to an uncomfortable degree, about as much as you would expect natural 36EE boobs to sag, and make almost all forms of exercise very difficult. I spoke to my doctor about breast reduction and she, being the sensible sort, said "They're mostly fat. If you lose weight, you'll be a 34C again." I know it's true, because it's not genes - I am the heaviest person in my family, from two skinny parents, two skinny grandmas and countless skinny aunts and cousins, none of whom have the sagging issue, even the well-endowed ones.

Well, GREAT! I would love a 34C again! Except that I am now terrified that once I lose the 57 lbs, I'm going to look like I have two deflated pancake balloons stuck to my chest. I don't expect them to ever look like they did when I was 18 without surgery (which I haven't ruled out). I think I just want to hear from other women and what their experiences have been with the "deflating" issue, for better or worse :)

Replies

• StarIsMoving
    Options
    I do strength training, so as I have lost and gone down a cup size (doesn't sound like much, but for me it is)... the girls have gotten perkier actually. They watch proudly where I am going instead of hanging head in shame to look at my shoes .. LOL! Sorry, didn't know how else to gently word that, LOL!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar question not too long ago, but more about sagging boobs and whether they would be affected by weight lifting or not. The general consensus was that in strengthening your pectoral muscles, it can cause your breasts to lift, giving the appearance of being more perky and less flabby.

My sagginess is a result of pregnancy and breastfeeding. It's not fun but it is what it is. Now I'm going to get stronger and hopefully see some positive results. And a great bra can do wonders.
  • JustAmyRenee
    JustAmyRenee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Work your upper body muscles. That will pull your skin and tighten where it needs to be tightened. :-)
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I do strength training, so as I have lost and gone down a cup size (doesn't sound like much, but for me it is)... the girls have gotten perkier actually. They watch proudly where I am going instead of hanging head in shame to look at my shoes .. LOL! Sorry, didn't know how else to gently word that, LOL!

Bahahahhahahahhaha Oh that was worded perfectly!! Greatness! I'm starting strength training actually too so mine will watch where we're going too and not just stare at me feel LOL
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was Sidesteal's next post :grumble:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was Sidesteal's next post :grumble:

Right!?

Lift. Lift heavy. Build the muscle under your boobs, and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Yep, I'm an avid pec lifter. It keeps mine perky even though they are currently small. They grew a lot with each pregnancy but shrunk back. They are not really deflated at all. I think just wait and see how things go.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was a 36B/C when I weighed anywhere from 145-165 from ages 17-27. I ballooned all the way up to 210ish and they were 36DD/Es. When i went back down to 165 they became deflated 36Cs. I was also almost 40, but had never been pregnant or breastfed. I bought myself implants and a lift earlier this summer and now they're sensible 36Ds on my size 8 figure. Worth every penny.

You won't know how they'll look until you get to your goal weight, so don't stress about it too much right now, but it did happen to me.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My boobs change, of course, after 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding 2 kids (I love breastfeeding!). I was 34B all my life till I was pregnant....then up to 36B because of the backfat. I am now almost back to 34B (still wearing 36B but close to 34)....and all I can say is, yes, the shapes change, and when you lose weight they are far better (not heavy or saggy)....and yes, you may find that gravity has done some nasties...and the skin may have stretched a bit. But in the bigger scheme of things, it is hardly noticeable unless you prefer to be bra-free all the time!

So, seriously, no worries. When you have lost all the weight then see how you feel. If that REALLY bothers you, then you can check out your options.

Agree with the member who posted about weight lifting. You can reshape your uppper body to better support your breasts.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options

Bahahahhahahahhaha Oh that was worded perfectly!! Greatness! I'm starting strength training actually too so mine will watch where we're going too and not just stare at me feel LOL

It totally works! Mine have fed 3 kids many years ago and are presently a 36DD... so it's not cause they have totally lost their, ummm, heft? :laugh: But they are more conditioned and it's been awesome :) Started at 42DDD by the way... just so you have a gage with weight loss. You can lose a ton and improve the girls instead of worrying you will take the , errr, "desire to enjoy life" out of them :)
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! I am indeed lifting heavy (for me) as part of my regimen, although I am starting out. :) I shouldn't stress about it, I know, but y'all know how self-conscious we can be about our bodies sometimes!