Replies

• Jennyprano
    Jennyprano Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love this post, I never thought of doing this, i'm off to make a list x
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have just joined myfitnesspal recently and have decided that at every 10lbs lost I am going to buy fresh cut flowers for our kitchen, and then take a picture of them. When I see them on the kitchen table it will be a reminder of how well I'm doing and when I have reached my goal I will make a collage of all the pictures, and frame it. That way I can see my accomplishment. No one else will really know what it means when they see it, but I will know :)

I LOVE this idea- i might havevto steal it :)
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    I don't really have a goal weight yet, but I do want to look good by December. My 'reward' will be fabulous! I'm spending 3 weeks in Brasil with my relatives, including my dad, who I haven't seen in 2 years. This will be my first time spending the holidays with him in 10 years! Another great thing: it will be Summer! So I guess my reward will be to get an itty bitty bikini and tan on the beaches of Rio!

On another note, I am rewarding myself for my work outs. For every day I work out, I put one dollar in a jar. When I reach 100 dollars, I'll give myself a nice treat :P
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my goal ... I plan on going to Greece.... I'm so excited

ME TOO!!!!! I'm saving up now!

ETA: Sounds silly, but here it goes. I am currently in a 90 day challenge to eat no fast food, no fried food, and no soda. Everyday that I accomplish this I give myself a gold star (literally- in my day planner). Everyday that I lose weight I get a silver star. Everyday that I drink at least 8 cups of water I get a red star. Everyday I workout I get a blue star. Every Monday that I have lost inches I get a green star. I know that sounds silly but its a cheap and easy way to track my progress and give myself a little reward. I love seeing my day planner fill up with stars!
  • lalaCNSbFS
    Options
    When i started my weight loss/get fit journey i had some rewards in mind but i ended up changing them. My first reward, after losing 10 lbs, was to buy an HRM. I bought a polar FT7. Next reward might be one or two new sport bras or even a bicycle.

p.s: Although my ticker says i lost 9 lbs, in fact i lost about 15 lbs.I lost ~5-6 lbs before i found out about MFP
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this with weight, but I'm doing it to quit smoking. 2 weeks and the money I save goes toward an hrm, in a month, new running shoes, ect.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Right now my "reward" is putting $5 away for every pound I lose. I'm saving that money to get a new wardrobe kick started when I reach goal.

I have to put though into any other sort of reward system, especially since I hit my first mini goal today (lose 10lbs by 9/8/12) on 8/11/12 which is WAY ahead of schedule! My next mini goal is 25lbs by 11/1/12 (my sister's wedding).
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't have any goals set up for weight lost, because I'm really close to goal weight and I don't have a set number in mind. Right now I'm trying to tone and get in better shape. I'm almost halfway through the 30DS so when I finish it, I'm going to buy myself a few nice bras. After two pregnancies and nursing two babies, the girls are looking sad :cry:

One of my unintentional goals is to fit into a tshirt I bought in July. It's cut much slimmer than I thought and will always be slim fit on me, so I want to tighten up my core until that shirt looks good on me.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For every kilogram I lose I put £10 into a kitty. I will use it to buy some new clothes when I reach my goal weight.

I really like this idea. I am going to do this. Thanks.

Great idea!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my goal ... I plan on going to Greece.... I'm so excited

ME TOO!!!!! I'm saving up now!

ETA: Sounds silly, but here it goes. I am currently in a 90 day challenge to eat no fast food, no fried food, and no soda. Everyday that I accomplish this I give myself a gold star (literally- in my day planner). Everyday that I lose weight I get a silver star. Everyday that I drink at least 8 cups of water I get a red star. Everyday I workout I get a blue star. Every Monday that I have lost inches I get a green star. I know that sounds silly but its a cheap and easy way to track my progress and give myself a little reward. I love seeing my day planner fill up with stars!

I think that's a good idea, I think Im going to use it, rather do that as it gives you the same good feelings as you had whn you were a child n got them. I don't think it has to be about spending a bunch of money, I'd rather keep mine for new clothes at the completion of the journey!
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My rewards for up to 60 pounds lost are going to be things I need to help with weight loss: new walking shoes, pedometer, etc. If I'm not in need of anything at the time, then it will be something frivolous like bath oil or make-up. After 60 pounds lost I won't have any clothes to fit, so each 10 pounds I'll probably buy a piece or two of clothing.

But the BIG milestone rewards will be the following:

50 pounds lost: ?
    100 pounds lost: A full salon day: the works on my hair, mani, pedi, and facial.
    150 pounds lost: A real vacation; not sure where yet, perhaps overseas.
    Goal weight (180-200 lost): A new full wardrobe and start trying for baby #2 :)
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just told my husband yesterday that once i reach my first mini goal of 20 lbs (2 lbs away.. yay!) i will go get a much deserved massage. The next 20 lbs (40 lbs total loss) i will get a FULL day of beauty--hair, nails, pedicure, massage, facial & waxing. Finally, when i reach my ultimate goal of 60-65lbs lost, i WILL be going on a cruise AND a shopping spree. Told him to be prepared b/c i am gonna put a hurting on his wallet! lol
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Started working out, rewarded myself with new workout gear (shorts & sports bras)
    When I finish 30 Day Shred, I'll get an HRM (probably Polar FT4 but open to suggestions)
    If I workout consistently (not every day but close) for 90 days, I plan on getting a gym membership again

I have the FT4 and love it!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I try to reward myself for every 10 lbs i lose.

1st ten ( it was actually 17 by the time i weighed myself at the end of the month) : got my hair cut and colored.
    2nd ten ( 11 when i weighed) was a good pair of workout shoes and lucky me my husband let me pick what i wanted and paid for them.
    3rd: was a HRM but hubby got me that after i lost 5lbs more. So i got myself a bunch of new clothes to work out in.

Not sure what the rest will be and i am trying to decide what i want the final reward to be...
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Right now, most of my goals are accomplishment-based rather than weight-loss based, so they'll be rewards in themselves. The way I'll feel when I can swim a hundred laps in one go will be all the reward I'll ever need.
  • blancaran
    blancaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Theres so many things I'd like to do for myself, a reward system is just a fantastic idea!

180 New hair look =D
    170 Spray tan booth
    160 Short shorts i havn't worn in so long
    150 (Ultimate Goal for now) A nice dress
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think I might get my boyfriend to reward me instead!! lol x
  • vikkijaye
    vikkijaye Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    oh definitely do the boudoir one! it makes you look at your body in a whole different light, and your hubby will love the images! I'm a photographer and recently shot some boudoir stuff and the girls got amazing feedback!
  • vikkijaye
    vikkijaye Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I buy a really cute new outfit in a size or two, too small. I try the outfit once a week and when I can finally fit into it comfortably I am so excited!

that's what I have planned to do, when I find the right outfit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!