Has anyone on here immigrated from the UK with children?

Options
Basically as the title says,

I live in N.Ireland and just want out, would love to go to Australia or Canada but I know its very hard to get into those countries. Just looking other peoples experiences. It would be myself my partner and 2 year old son

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    just go to Mexico and then walk across the border. Ppl do it everyday here and you get helathcare and jobs.
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Can't do anything illegal, I have a child I want educated and we will need to legally work legally lol
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Can't do anything illegal, I have a child I want educated and we will need to legally work legally lol

uh maybe you havent been following politics here....sadly entering illegally doesnt preclude you from either. HA, I got to use preclude in a sentance!
  • cleorh
    cleorh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I moved from the North East of England to Cyprus, we lived there for 3.5 years and returned to the UK last December. Came back for schooling and I want to go back to Uni. We loved it and I would never let the fact you have children put you off. I did it with 4 children and at the time they were 2,4,6,7. We wont stay in the UK for good......we will move again but who knows where !!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    just go to Mexico and then walk across the border. Ppl do it everyday here and you get helathcare and jobs.

You can't walk into Australian or Canada from Mexico, dude.
  • donna_do_good
    Options

You can't walk into Australian or Canada from Mexico, dude.

Hehehe, I knew what he meant lol
  • donna_do_good
    Options

uh maybe you havent been following politics here....sadly entering illegally doesnt preclude you from either. HA, I got to use preclude in a sentance!

I wouldn't have the guts but lol
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    I moved from the North East of England to Cyprus, we lived there for 3.5 years and returned to the UK last December. Came back for schooling and I want to go back to Uni. We loved it and I would never let the fact you have children put you off. I did it with 4 children and at the time they were 2,4,6,7. We wont stay in the UK for good......we will move again but who knows where !!!!!

I loved cyprus but the economy in Europe awful. Don't tink we could support 3 people on the saleries they pay, esp as none of us have a skill really
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Anyone any experiences to share?
  • donna_do_good
    Options

Aww I thought there would of been loads
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options

Yeah, kind of a "niche" group of people. You were really specific in your original post.

Have you tried finding some Ex-Pats websites/forums? I'll bet there are all kinds of Interwebz forums for people trying to immigrate from one country to another.

Or, keep bumping this one. Things move off the "recent" page pretty fast on this forum.
  • donna_do_good
    Options

Yeah, kind of a "niche" group of people. You were really specific in your original post.

Have you tried finding some Ex-Pats websites/forums? I'll bet there are all kinds of Interwebz forums for people trying to immigrate from one country to another.

Or, keep bumping this one. Things move off the "recent" page pretty fast on this forum.

Thanks for replying, I am going to have a really good look into it again tonight and scour the web& hopefully get some info I can use
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    bump
  • SuperSmudger
    Options
    Originally from NE England, now out in Australia. Both my sons were born here.

Been here 3 years now.
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Originally from NE England, now out in Australia. Both my sons were born here.

Been here 3 years now.

Your so lucky, we have no skills Aus need. Its my dream place to live
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Can you try to learn a skill that would be needed in Aus? Then move when you are both done?
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    What about NZ? We rock :smile:
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Can you try to learn a skill that would be needed in Aus? Then move when you are both done?

We cannot afford to give up our jobs to get the experience and the cost of doing them courses are so much :(
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    What about NZ? We rock :smile:

We have no skills any country would let us in, I work in a bank and my partner sells car ins. Its just a dream, turning into a need
  • SuperSmudger
    Options
    You do open up a big can of worms when you emigrate. Grass is always greener etc.

It is generally a bit easy to get in to NZ, which is seen as the backdoor to Australia. Once you are permanent residents of NZ, you are free to move to Aus.