23, new to this and from UK anyone else?

Options
Hi guys, I am 23 years old, female and currently weigh 159 lbs at 5'6, I am hoping to get down to 150lbs so a loss of 9lbs, it doesn't sound like a lot but I am finding it very hard to shift any weight since coming off the contraceptive pill a few months ago.
I currently have a problem with belly/thigh fat and have horrible cellulite on my thighs which makes wearing shorts/bikinis difficult. I used to be very slim and a size 10-12, I now struggle in a 14 bottom half sometimes :(

If I manage to lose anymore it will be a bonus :)

Anyone with any tips/friendly advice or just a chat, I'd love to hear from them :D from anywhere in the world :D

Replies

• Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to the site! Nice to see more UK people here. :)

A goal, no matter how much, is a good goal. Some people just set out their long-term goal (like me), whilst others set out steps (like yourself). It's no more or less than the other.

I'll add you on MFP if you need someone to chat to.

Chris :)
  • Tors1984
    Tors1984 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the UK too - whereabouts are you?

I'm 28, I also gained weight coming off the pill and now we're going to be starting IVF so am concentrating on being healthy and losing a little bit of weight too.

I'm sure you look lovely, don't put yourself down.

I used to be an 8-10 and am now a 12 and would really like to get back to being a 10.

My main piece of advice would be to fill your diary out at the start of the day so that you can see in advance where your calories are going, what you have to work with, where you can change things, etc.

Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend :) xx
  • pilgrim25
    Options
    Hi I'm a senior person lol 2 weeks ago i weghed in at 17st .2 lbs I am now 16 .5 which is really cool as far as I am concerned . Good luck to you and keep focused sandy
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel in a similar position to you. im 20, before starting uni I was a size 10-12, and I have just finished my second year and ballooned up to a 14-16! like you i also struggle with my bottom half, I used to be an hourglass shape and now am a full on pear! :( Im from the uk aswell. Feel free to add me for extra support!
  • JessWinnett
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 25 & live in the UK - have been on here for over 3 weeks & lost 8lbs so far - started the 30 day shred 5 days ago & can't reccommend it enough! I can feel & SEE a difference already so would definitely suggest having a look at it if you want to lose inches etc.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend, I'm on everyday to give support & encouragement & would love to be there for you too!
  • Klizbeth81
    Options
    Hi! I'm Katy. I live in Manchester. I also have a bikini problem, but I'm more concerned about my stomach area than anything else. Feel free to add me!
  • newbsar
    newbsar Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Jenfidge

I'm from the UK too, just starting out on my journey to loose 14lbs and look like I did in my profile pic once more lol. I'm doing the 30 day shred too like it beacuse its only 20 mins and can fit it around my 3 children. Like you I have come off the contraceptive pill (mini pill) becuase I was so tired on it and just ballooned, it was like I was 12 weeks pregnant all over again bloody awful. So now I'm on mission to get back to where I am happy just doing it is the challenge!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm in UK too! I'm 22, quite near my goal now but feel free too add me for support! :-)
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    Hey! I'm from the UK, 18 and am currently in maintenance mode. Feel free to add me and good luck with your goals :)