I got a Home gym and need a workout routine

Options
I just got a Marcy home gym for $250 at Academy this weekend. I am sooo excited to use it and get strong and hopfully lose this last 15pounds of fat.
Could someone give me a workout routine to do on it...? I'm totally new to strength training. I'm a cardio junkie but everyone says I need to focus on strength now. My legs are my insecure area too since I'm a pear shape.

Replies

• vtachycardia
    Options
    Which model?

Pictures, or anything.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I need to see what it looks like...but IMO you wouldve been better off with two dumbbells.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Which model?

Pictures, or anything.

Marcy MWM 980 Home Gym
    IDK how to post pictures on the thread... here is a link to a picture of it.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-power-muscle-burn-workout-split.html

See how you can incorporate this workout with your new machine. It is where I started.

Also, the cable function looks pretty good, if the cable actually extends a nice distance. Lunges with isolateral chest press, squats with rowing motions, step ups, high knee shoulder press.

look up thederrickprice on you tube for some full body cable workouts, with these you can raise your heart rate and produce strength training.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-power-muscle-burn-workout-split.html

See how you can incorporate this workout with your new machine. It is where I started.

Also, the cable function looks pretty good, if the cable actually extends a nice distance. Lunges with isolateral chest press, squats with rowing motions, step ups, high knee shoulder press.

look up thederrickprice on you tube for some full body cable workouts, with these you can raise your heart rate and produce strength training.

Awesome! Thank you!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    yvw