Jalapeno's

Options
begreenbe
begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
My jalapeno plant is doing well this year. What can I do with all of them. Any ideas?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
    This recipe makes 8 servings! (Which is a little over 3 peppers per serving.)

Ingredients
    25 toothpicks
    2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves, or amount to taste
    1 pinch salt
    25 fresh jalapeno peppers
    1 pound thinly sliced bacon

Directions
    Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate. Soak toothpicks 20 minutes in water.
    Place the cream cheese in a bowl, and mix in the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and salt until evenly blended.
    Make one slit from end to end in the side of each jalapeno pepper, and scoop out the seeds. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center of each pepper. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each pepper, and secure with a toothpick.
    Place the peppers onto the preheated grill, and cook until peppers begin to soften, about 10 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 27.7g | Cholesterol: 82mg
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Send them to my home address....... :happy:
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    If you're not against canning, my favorite is hot pepper mustard. This is delicious & I can't make enough for friends & family. The recipe calls for banana peppers, but I use jalapenos & sometimes I add chillis for the extra heat. The mustard is sweet & hot, so it balances out nicely & it is actually pretty easy to make.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hot-pepper-mustard/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=hot pepper mustard&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page