Food ideas

Options
Hi all. I have been saying for so long that I'm going to take time for me and lose the weight so that I can be healthy again. I didn't realize how many calories I am eating until I started tracking it all -- I thought I was eating better than I really am. :-)

I like flavor, but unfortunately I cannot eat hot/spicy foods; and I LOVE things that I can make ahead of time. I am interested in learning your ideas, tips and suggestions on snacks and meals. I am interested in things that are easy to make, are low in calories, healthy and yummy!

I look forward to your comments and ideas ..... and Thank you!!

Replies

• head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The hit of recent days for me : quinoa with fresh tomato, cucumber and yougurt with parseley ... this is great!
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is one egg on an english muffin with one ounce of goat cheese and a little Thai sweet chili sauce. Its around 300 calories and has a yummy spicy, sweet flavour. Just started using WW multigrain flats instead of english muffins to cut 30 more calories out of the morning.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    good breakfest food is millet with blueberries and mint and 1 tea spoon of honey and cinamon :) yummie and healthy :)
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I like a variety of stuff, lol. It's all about learning as you go, just make sure you log EVERYTHING. :wink:

If you would like some recipe ideas, you can go here:
    www.futureskinny*****recipes.blogspot.com :flowerforyou:
    (rhymes with witch, you'll have to change that part bc it's going to put ***** there, lol)
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you like making things ahead of time (like i do), have you got a slowcooker?
    They are great for making casseroles, chilli, spaghetti bolognaise, curry.
    You can just put it all in the SC, turn it on, go to work, and when you get home in the evening you have a nice hot meal ready for you.

Also, if you meal plan, then you can get everything you need for meals planned the day before, and you'll always know what you will be making.

Hope that helps :)
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I seem to always rotate between 2 breakfasts. one is egg white (1 whole egg and 2 egg whites) sandwich. I have it on the sandwich rounds with a wedge of the garlic laughing cow cheese. If I don't have that then I have an egg white omelette. Both simply and quick. I use a wedge of laughing cow cheese in the omelette instead of other cheese.

I keep hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick snack or even almonds.

I love this recipe. It's simple and easy and I can make a batch (12) and eat off them for a few days
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm