Would you log 3 grapes?

Options

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well I have been very particular about logging every little thing that I eat. I will go back the next day and log something I ate in the middle of the night. With that said, I did eat 3 fritos yesterday that I did not log.

I think it's okay not to log it. Just don't get into the habit of not logging.

:smile:
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If I eat 30 calories worth of chocolate (lindt single square) I log it. If I eat 30 calories worth of grapes or milk for my tea, I do not log it. Eating grapes and drinking skim milk in my tea isn't what made me gain weight - not paying attention to the fact I was eating too much junk is what did it.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If 10-15 calories really bother you that much, then log it.

That's like logging condiments to me.

Condiments can add up like BBQ sauce OMG! But gum or black coffee and so forth I do not log. If you are worried about it, go like 50 cals lower for your goal a day and call it a wash.
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    I log everything just because where do you draw the line?

If I eat 10 "just a bites" of 10 different things throughout the day, then that adds up.

It's easier just to log everything.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No! Unless I had 3 grapes 3 times in one day! This has to be practical or it won't be sustainable.
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Options
    I would probably log them if I was logging that day... because, as has been said, it all adds up. But, I don't think I'd lose any sleep if I didn't.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I do...I had 1 cherry once and I logged it. It adds up_I get why people don't log it but the way I see it is if I eat it/drink it, I log it. If i didn't, what would stop me from not logging cake or ice cream if I ate it?
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Log everything. It makes you think before you eat.
  • cookadook
    Options
    couple of thoughts.. I have logged a single strawberry that was on my yogurt one day... so yes I would probably do three grapes.
    if you want to eat something, but don't want to hassle with looking it up and adding it that way, just do the quick calories. Then you can see if its going to be an entry that you will use more than once and if its worth it to look it up.
    Last thought... and of course this is just what I try to do... don't chew gum!!!! It gets your stomach acids churning making you feel hungrier because your stomach is now prepared for food. Also, it tricks your body... your body tastes the sweetness which increases your blood sugar.. all for food that never comes... NOW.. if the choice is gum or a 1200 calorie dessert... than go for the gum.. but I try to avoid gum all together. Good luck.
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yeah, i would...i logged 2 lifesavers last week and felt like a maniac. :ohwell: but then I realized it's pointless to keep a food diary if you're not accurately recording.
  • mkup04
    mkup04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you forget, I would not worry about it. But, 3 grapes I would log. Jillian Michales suggest to log everything accept, lettuce, green beans, Kale, cucmbers.. there are a lot more. But the majority is green veggies. Also, carrots, corn, peas and any potato does not count as free.

Hope this helps! :happy:
  • denisel321
    Options
    I would because I want to keep myself accountable for everything I eat or drink. Retentive, I know ;)
  • Alford96
    Alford96 Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes, I actually logged 1 grape the other day. BUT, the primary reason that I would right now is because I am just starting and I LOG everything (except unsweetened regular and herbal teas) so that I can try to catch where/when my problem areas are and I still have 40+ pounds to go and I still struggle with not eating over my calories. If I was maintaining and eating healthy consistently, then I may not. Guess we will see when I get there :bigsmile:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If that is the only thing you forgot, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you did that everytime you ate something small then it can get out of control. Like when I go the gym, I eat 2 tootsie rolls everytime I'm there, but I don't log them, because I don't log my calorie burn from the weight lifting I do, I only log the cardio, so I figure I more than make up for those 2 tootsie rolls.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    How in the world would you even log 3 grapes? Is there an option for 1 grape that you can have 3 times?

And no I owuld not have logged it. So far what I'm doing works, so I'm good with that.
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Back on July 23rd, (I left a note about it), I ate three pieces of my son's popcorn. He said, "You better log that!" I replied, "I will." And I did. :) It was only 4 calories, but it all adds up.

I'm one who has to log every bite. I feel like I've cheated myself if I don't.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Grapes, yeah, because they aren't a negative food (a food that burns more calories digesting than you are actually consuming). I log BLTs of crap like cake batter, but the negative foods get logged if I feel like it. If I'm pressed for time or just don't feel like logging all the veggies loaded into my pasta that add up to a wopping 30 calories, then no, I don't.

And gum? Seriously?
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I log everything if it has calories. I logged 1 Dorito crisp like two days ago.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    And gum? Seriously?

Some gum has 50 calories!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Grapes, yeah, because they aren't a negative food (a food that burns more calories digesting than you are actually consuming). I log BLTs of crap like cake batter, but the negative foods get logged if I feel like it. If I'm pressed for time or just don't feel like logging all the veggies loaded into my pasta that add up to a wopping 30 calories, then no, I don't.

And gum? Seriously?
    Really, what are the negative foods?