Diet pills ?

Options
Anyone have any suggestions ? or if its really a good idea ? anyone have experience with any kind of diet pill ?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat healthy and exercise rather than trying a magic pill that can affect your body in some pretty serious negative ways?!
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try NV. I take 2 a day. They are more for energy. I take 2 a day with breakfast and then I work out. It helps me to have enough energy to get through my daily Wii workout.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Most of them are designed to make you lose weight in one particular place - your wallet. There are no magic pills or potions. The only answer is self-discipline, hard work and patience. If there was a diet pill that truly worked, everybody would be on it.

The diet industry isn't interested in you losing weight and keeping it off - they're interested in you buying their magic potions, losing a little water weight, ballooning back up as soon as you stop taking them and start eating normally, then repeating the whole cycle over and over again. Eat at a deficit and put some more movement into your life - you'll have much better results than relying on magic pixie dust.
  • wanda5m6
    Options
    I saw a weight loss doctor. Took meds that made my heart race, gave me dry mouth and still didn't lose any weight. I really do believe that to succeed, you must track every tiny mouthful, eat heathly fruits and veggies and watch your portion control. You can do it and you have a whole lot of friends on the community that will help when you are struggling. Good luck with your journey to health.
    :happy:
  • mammawbeth
    Options
    The way I look at is this you did not take a pill(s) to get fat...so why take a pill to lose weight. Healthy eating, drinking water, and some exercise, walking, if nothing else, should work. Counting calories works too! :-):happy:
  • mangoduck
    mangoduck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I took some for a while, under doctor supervision. Did they work? Kind of. Did the side effects suck? Yes. It wasn't really worth it. My skin revolted and if I took the pills any later than about 7am, I was screwed as far as sleeping that night.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    dont do it. You don't need to, and some of those things are dangerous. Why waste money and risk your health?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Common sense will tell you they don't work. If people could take a pill and not be fat, I am pretty certain the 1/3 of Americans who are obese would be all over it. Most pills are just caffeine in some form.

Be smart, save your money.