How to lose... without losing my chest !?

Options
I am 24 years old and I am just starting my weight loss/ muscle building. I have a fairly large chest and I am so scared when I lose the weight I will either have access skin, or will lose all the volume I have. I am trying to lose at about 20lbs altogether. How can I lose the weight I want, and still keep my womanhood :) I see several body builders/fitness freaks who have amazing bodies but usally have implants because their chest has disappeared. What can I do to avoid this??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you have a fairly large chest I doubt it will disappear completely with only a 20 lb weight loss. Plus some of those bodybuilding freaks are taking steroids and such that can probably mess with the lady parts. But with that said - the body loses where it chooses - not much you can do about it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    1.) they have a VERY low percentage of body fat. Even with your 20lb loss I doubt, very highly, that your body fat percentage will get that low.

2.) you cannot decide where your body loses the fat.

So... pretty much nothing you can do to stop loss of breast fat, if any happens to occur.
  • rach7turtle
    rach7turtle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you find out let me know. Anytime i lose weight it is in my chest first. I've lost about 20 pounds and with that have lost about a cup and a half. sometimes people dont lose the weight from their chest and other times people do so I'm not sure if it's just genetics or if theres something you can do about it.
  • 09jlwalsh
    09jlwalsh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Hopefully my body chooses the other parts lol :) and I don't plan on using steroids!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've lost 25 lbs, and my cup size stayed the exact same, so there's hope :-)
  • 09jlwalsh
    09jlwalsh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've lost 25 lbs, and my cup size stayed the exact same, so there's hope :-)

YAY!
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have known before. I had a D cup
    and now an A. My body fat is 15.2%. I've also had 3
    kids and breastfed all 3. Maybe that makes a difference.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It is different with everyone. Some women lose their chest and others don't. However, you can't prevent weight loss from a specific area on your body. It's the same principle as spot reducing...it's not possible. You can prevent fat loss all together, but not specifically.
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and I have battled with weight loss/gain the last 10 years. However, I have never lost any in my chest area. In fact...I gained a couple cup sizes...without surgery
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you've always been thin until the last couple of years. Did you have a large chest when you were thin?
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options

YAY!

I was a D years ago when I was in my 120s, in my 150s I was still a D and now in my 130s I am a DD...go figure!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

YAY!

I was a D years ago when I was in my 120s, in my 150s I was still a D and now in my 130s I am a DD...go figure!
    Remember, cup size is the difference between your bust and underbust measurements.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    wish there was some magic formula . . . but as far as I know there isn't. When you lose body fat it comes off of places where there is fat and one of those places is your boobs :(
    I was a D and now a B . . . boy do I miss the girls.
    Someone very close to me the other day actually said "You're getting a runner's chest" it wasn't a compliment :( I also breastfed 2 kids (still nursing my daughter)
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a strong believer that losing in you chest has a lot to do with genes. I had the same worries, but I haven't lost anything on my chest yet, but I've lost inches everywhere else. It is a bitter sweet thing though now....I'm glad it looks like I'll be able to keep a really nice sized chest, but I'm bummed that I'll never be able to get a super low body fat % with them.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    I dont know if you find out let me know. Anytime i lose weight it is in my chest first. I've lost about 20 pounds and with that have lost about a cup and a half. sometimes people dont lose the weight from their chest and other times people do so I'm not sure if it's just genetics or if theres something you can do about it.

Genetics does have a role in it. I am actually having a breast reduction on Thursday and my mom is having it done the following week. We have the same plastic surgeon and she says our breast tissue is gladular so even with weight loss they may get a little smaller (although I still don't consider DDD to be small), but all in all they will stay large.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I went from 44F to 38DD and I'm only half way there :sad: :grumble: :noway: There are always gel boost bras:happy: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options

YAY!

Remember, cup size is the ration of your bust to underbust measurements.

I understand this but in my 20s I was a 34 D and then got up to a 38 D and then went down to a 34DD meaning that my boobs grew when I gained weight and then I lost 4 inches under my boobs and this left me with a little extra in the cup size.
  • luluzombie
    Options
    Just saw this post and felt I had to comment. I'm in the exact opposite situation! I would love to go down a cup size or two, whenever I have gained weight I have always found I've gone up a cup size, I currently wear a 32f to ff and find it really difficult to find clothes that fit me. I kind of presumed that if I lost weight my cup size would go the opposite way than when I have gained weight but from your comments I shouldn't be too hopeful!
    LuLu x
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It is entirely up to your body not how fast you lose or how you exercise. You will still keep your womanhood even if you shrink to an A-cup. That has more to do with your vagina, and I've never heard of weight loss affecting that.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Lost 60 pounds and I'm still wearing some of the same bras I was before, they just aren't as tight (I guess I should have gone a size up before, huh?) . I lost about 2-3 inches from my bust/band size and that's about it. :)