When to eat dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life gets in the way of a perfect eating schedule. I have always heard not to eat past 8 pm but I break that rule all the time and still lost/maintaining my weight. Usually dinner is around 6 or 7 for me. But like others have said, eat when you are hungry. I just feel like if I eat dinner at like 4 or 5 I am hungry again by the time I go to bed at like 10 or 11.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I try to be totally done with dinner by 6pm - 6:30 at the latest.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    6:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, adjust if you're in a different time zone
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner usually between 6 and 7 every night unless something comes up or I have a late lunch...
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    6:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, adjust if you're in a different time zone

^^ Cute! nice Abs--good work!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner around 8:30 or 9 and am in bed by 10:30 or 11. I have a problem with binging and this seems to work best for me.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner between 6:30 - 7:15. It may be a bit earlier in the winter and a bit longer in the summer.

Eat dinner when you want to eat dinner. The time on the clock has nothing to do with losing weight.

Exactly.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can get my sh~t together... So, it varies between 5:30 and 8, and we don't have anything after that until breakfast.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast-lunch-dinner all together at noon.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Because I am single and live alone, I eat when I want to :)

sometimes, not at all.............often I snack and eat small meals all day long.............

People have to make things work for themselves, their families, their lifestyles. There's really no right or wrong way to do it :glasses: :glasses:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Anyimt between 8pm and 11pm. Depends on when my husband gets home from work. If it doesn't bother u to eat on a full stomach there's no reason not to pack it all in right before bed!
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really dont keep up with that....I have no idea...I usually get home about 8...if its a handfull of almonds I eat about 8:05...if it takes more prep...later...
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I like to eat dinner when I get home from work but I have 2 children and don't usually get to eat anything for at least 20 minutes after walking through the door. If I can get to the fridge quicker and push my way through the kisses and hugs than I do that. FOOD IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN CHILDREN...

My wife is going to kill me.

I will be sleeping on the couch tonight. (camping)

I might as well get a hotel room.

I LOVE MY KIDS AND WOULD NEVER MISS OUT ON HUGS AND KISSES FROM THEM!

Eat dinner when you are hungry. It doesn't really matter when you eat it.
  • Barbarajavon
    Options
    I was wondering what time of day do you all eat dinner? I liketo have dinner around 6 or 7 because I always feel lighter (not necessarily weigh less) in the morning when I eat early, but sometimes I have to eat dinner later like 9 because I'm a med student and my days are ALWAYS hectic and unpredictable. Anyway when I eat dinner at 9 I make myself stay up for like 3 hours to make sure everything has digested before I go to bed. What do you all do?

Hi there med student!

Do you have trouble sleeping on a full stomach, or are you under the impression that digesting the food first will make you lose weight faster?

Howdy! I like falling asleep with an empty feeling in my stomach because it seems like its easier for me to get up and exercise before class but falling asleep on a full stomach is no problem at all - I actually fall asleep faster lol
  • Barbarajavon
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! :-)