Feel like it's slipping away

Options

Replies

• workoutgirl23
    Options
    don't give up. your are beautiful. and you can do any thing if you set your mind to it. you can get slim and get the body you always dreamed of. but it takes hard work and determination. just watch your calories and exercise and you'll start seeing results. as for running. don't push yourself too hard right away, if your not used to it. running speed is something you build up over time. start running at a slower pace your comfortable with, and then gradually increase it as you go along.

don't give up. you can do any thing you put your mind too. your are a very beautiful person.
  • cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    You have already lost 75 lbs......BRAVO !!! Keep running, one day you will be running and it will click and you will

Noooooooo, I've not lost anything hardly, that's how much I need to lose lol. Right at the start here.

Thank you for all your replies, I do need to stop being so hard on myself, habit of a lifetime really. I'm so glad I've got mfp to come on when I feel like this though, it's what's always been missing, before I'd just have been on my own feeling bad, well, my partner's here but for some reason it's harder to listen to him.

ethomso0105 - that's amazing, I'd love to be on stage, one day maybe! you definitely beautiful enough to play a lead :)

I could walk for ages before doing it, I think you're supposed to be able to run a mile or something, but then that's seems strange as you start off so slow if you can already run a mile. I repeated week three, and that was great, but only did two days of week 4 as I couldn't do the 3rd. Was going to go tonight and do an extra day 1 of week 4 but I got put off when they all wanted to do the 20 minute run first.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    1 pound, 1 accomplishment at a time. That's all you need to do.

When I started this, I didn't want to walk for 20 minutes and there's no way in Hades, I could run for 20 minutes. Heck, I can't run for 20 minutes now. But I could also not ride my bike around the block. I couldn't do more than 90 seconds on the elliptical, etc. I wanted to give up too, BUT I DIDN'T!

All you have to do is try. You will get better and stronger and faster each time. I promise.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    haha, that made me giggle, thank you, must remember that!

Yes, it's only one run, it's meant to be the last one, we're currently running five minutes for the longest stretch. I'm doing really well, but most of the others are just so much fitter than me. I can run really well sometimes, but other times I get so out of breath, I'm not sure what determines how well I run, it's always the same time of night, I never eat first.

keeping on swimming...

I've been stuck at 1 minute run, 2 minutes walk for about three weeks now. Some days I feel fantastic and think, "Wow! I should be able to move up next week." Then that day rolls around and, after running the first 1 minute 30 second segment, I know there's NO WAY I'm going to be able to do that and make it through the whole workout. I do what I can do. I know when my body's had too much (I try not to let my HR get above 170ish), and I start to back off a little at that point. I also do some conditioning exercises for my legs and core after doing my walk run on M, W, and F. I also do LOTS of deep stretching through the legs and core. I definitely feel stronger than when I started, and I'm going to try to do 00:01:30 running segments this week. Even if I can't do it through the whole workout, I'm going to do at least one in the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end. On days I feel stronger, I'll add more.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Try gentler exercise at first. Something you can feel confident doing. Walking the baby in the stroller for a half hour each day is a good start. Use some 5 pound weights for toning arms. Don't compare yourself to Olympians like your runner friends.

If you can't look gorgeous, I have to accept that I can't either. And I'm already feeling much better and no longer depressed. Just keep going, and the depression and disbelief will fall away and be replaced by someone you want to be.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too. I find that an allergy pill and a proactive puff of an inhaler goes a long way!!

75 lbs is quite the accomplishment, by the way! Look at how far you have come, rather than how far you still want to go.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    These feelings are normal, but you haveee to keep pushing, you have to keep trying, because if you don't, nothing will change. This is something that you have control over, even if at times it feels like you don't. It's hard, and this is going to be a constant uphill battle, but you WILL lose weight, and you WILL see results, if you just keep at it. Remain consistent, keep working at it, and you WILL lose the weight, things WILL change. You just have to remain committed, no matter how down or negative you are feeling. Just keep pushing. Sometimes we overthink it, we start thinking about the "what if's" and the "I don't know's". At those times, try not to think. Don't think, and just do. It sounds easier said than done, but if you can learn to shut your brain off sometimes, it will help a great deal. Just remember, nothing will be accomplished if you don't try, and as long as you keep trying, you WILL succeed.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Running is tough!

You just need to adjust things to meet what you can do. I have a collagen disorder so I can easily dislocate a joint, break a bone, and I get stress fractures very easily, but I still run. I just know my limitations. That's all you have to do. Tweak it to work for you.

I don't know if you have been watching the Olympics, but look at Oscar Pistorius. He is a double amputee, but is an Olympic sprinter! The only thing that's in your way is negative thinking and self-doubt. If you can overcome that, you can overcome anything.
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Don't over do it. Everybody is different and you have to go at your own pace! One day you will get there. Heck I have been trying to run and I can barely run for more than 5 minutes. So more power to ya!! You are doing so great, just stay on track and one day you will get there! Just remember, it didn't happen over night, so losing weight won't either.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't run/walk with others because it always seems like we are never the same speed.I have friends that are on the same track at the same time and we talk after we are done but I never run with them. It is ok to repeat a week if you need to. Remember it is also a mind game with yourself. You can do this! Don't worry about speed just get through the intervals (is what I've been told)

Good Job getting to week 5!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you think some people are just meant to be in the background, dull, there for others, but never having anything for themselves?

Absolutely not!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is stop comparing yourself to ther people... You will always be able to find someone who is prettier/thinner/bigger boobs/better hair/whatever but really who cares!?

You are you, accept it, work with what you have and be the best YOU that you can be, regardless of anyone else!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the C25K. I think it can be rather challenging for us who want to lose more weight. I'm not sure about your weight range, but I would be considered obese. When I'm running I also have to run with an extra 80 lbs. My joints get tired and I start to get a bit of asthma. Right now I'm at week 4 and I have a hard time believing I'll be able to continue, but I want to try my best for myself. For me my motivation is my leg and my damaged veins in it. I want to become stronger.

Try to remember what you are doing it for and try not to get hung up on being like everyone else. You're you and there is no one else in the world like you. Be proud of who you are. If you take two weeks at one level you are still getting healthier. This isn't a race, it's the rest of your life. If you're feeling miserable, maybe that type of exercise isn't for you. You could always try something else, maybe something more relaxing, like yoga.

Best of luck! I know you can do it!
  • cathomer
    Options
    I did it! Thanks to all your motivational words I went running! I did two lots of five minutes and did 6 at the end and sprinted the last bit! I was so proud, I was worried as well because we got heckled last time. thank you all x
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    if you compare yourself to others, you will always fall short. Stop doing that. Do this for yourself and if others are ahead then it is what it is. You need to be the best version of you, not anyone else. Feel better! You can do this!
    I disagree. Just pick realistic comparisons. Then beat them. I can guarantee there are many people out there more unfit and fatter than you. Maybe you just aren't much of a runner. I personally hate it! If you're unwilling to quit on c25k then maybe do it at your own pace and beat the person you were last week every time you go out!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did it! Thanks to all your motivational words I went running! I did two lots of five minutes and did 6 at the end and sprinted the last bit! I was so proud, I was worried as well because we got heckled last time. thank you all x

Fantastic!
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    start with small goals and achive them that will get you going good luck
  • jbobb15
    jbobb15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This just may be me, but I find the first quarter mile a beotch to get through, but then I feel better. I've been really training now for about four months (I'm talking dedicated running, three to five days a week, consistently adding mileage with a goal of a half marathon.) And STILL that first quarter mile is a killer to me. It's amazing how much diet and exercise roadblocks can all be in our heads. It's a big struggle for me. I have to believe that other people's obstacles are mainly their own head getting in their way too. Just keep swimming!
  • cathomer
    Options
    I think there's definitely a barrier to get through, once I'm up the hill and past the first 2.5ish minutes I find it so much easier. I'm interested to see how I get on with the two 8 minute runs on Friday, then Sunday morning is the 20! I kinda feel ok about it, but I'm worried about the hill, we'll have to go up it about 3 times I think!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Well done! You CAN do it!
    I believe we are all beautiful in our own way..I've always been talked over and ignored by people..but now they are talking to ME saying how much weight I've lost and are envious. Just the other day my sister said I was too thin and I exercise too much..that's coming from someone who is overweight..so I feel smug now knowing that I'm something she wishes she was but isn't because basically she is too lazy to fix it!