Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi. I have tried to lose weight on my own. I have tried weight watchers and I only would lose a few pounds and then I tend to get discouraged and throw in the towel.
I joined a fitness center to do their version of biggest loser but I again got discouraged becasue i lost only a few pounds.
I need to know how do I stop being so discouraged in myself when the weight seems to stay at one number or it goes up which makes me really discouraged.
I am not good with a goal number I know I need to set small goals like 1 to 2 pounds a week I am not good at setting a 3 month goal because it all comes back to being discouaraged.

Replies

• Hi, I'm Katy. Good for you for getting into shape. My mum recently lost a lot of weight. She looks absolutely gorgeous (not that she didn't before) and she is so pleased with herself and confident. Plus, she just turned 60 this year. If my darling mother can, we all can! Feel free to add me!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    I have been having this problem for a while. I have been the same weight for the past 5 years. I'm not overweight, but I am on the brink of it. I have always been athletic. I play softball all the time, but my eating was never right. I ate whatever I wanted so therefore, I never lost weight. I finally started eating right and running 5 days a week, and I still haven't seen a change. It wasn't until a week ago when I started up this app that I noticed everything that I thought was healthy eating, really wasn't. Thankfully, with friends and people at work helping me through I didn't get discouraged. I know what I'm doing will work, it just may not be as easy as I thought. I put into the app that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week, and Bam...the first week has gone by and calorie counting, and working out 6 days a week, I already see a difference in my health and energy, and even my body. I was a 14 a few weeks ago. Now I am a 12! I'm not sure how much weight I lost this week, but even if it is just 1 pound, at least I know something has changed!!! You can do it!
  • You loose a few pounds here and few pounds there and before you know it you've lost a stone.

Important that you eat your calories, exercise and drink plenty of water.

I'd also say from my point of view having friends that respond to your posts is great because they help keep you motivated. When you motivate others I find it helps me as well.

If small goals work for...set small one's. It's what works best for you.

Be positive you can do it!!

Good luck