Before and After ... Over 70 pounds lost

Options
13»

Replies

• nomorechub68
    Options
    Okay....whenever I get frustrated on this journey I will look at your pictures! Thank you for posting those. I will go home and take a deep breath, have my daughter take my "before picture" and then WHEN I lose my weight I will post my after pictures so I can motivate someone else.
    Thank you!!!!
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow! you look so great! tell me what you did? did you eat back your calories? i am stuck at finding the right amount...
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words! It means the world to me to hear all the praise and admiration BUT MOST OF ALL to know that I am motivating others to be healthy.

I started my journey in October of 2011 at 197.4 pounds and 5 ft 3 inches. At that time I was a little over 2 years postpartum after having my LAST baby. I didn't have an excuse for the weight anymore. I have dieted before on and off and lost ten pounds only to gain them right back. I think the term is yo-yo dieting. Well, my husbands work has a health screening every year and since this was the first year we were married I was required to particpate. That was the beggining of October. When I got my results back towards the middle of October that was the wake up call I truly needed. I had high blood pressure, high triglycerides, low good colestorol and low iron. All this coupled with my weight put me at a risk for heart disease. These results coupled with VERY HIGH family history of heart disease put me into the EXTREMELY high risk for developing it. I needed to make the change if I didn't want to follow in their footsteps.

I started out just dieting and sticking to the 1200 calories that MFP told me was my target. Most days I tried to stay under even if by just a little. About a month or so in is when I started working out really hard. To begin with I started the couch to 5k program with a goal to run a 5k by summer of 2012. (proud to say I did it and ran the whole thing!) I incorporated some workout dvd's in but never finished a whole program. (like 6 week 6 pack or 30 day shred). I made sure in the beggining I worked out a minimum of an hour a day and did this pretty much for the first 4-5 months. I weighed in every Monday. I LOGGED EVERYTHING. I had to if I wanted to keep myself accountable. I needed to first and foremost be honest with myself. For a long time I kept my diary private but realizing my success I made it public eventually. I DID NOT eat back my excercise calories, at least not intentionally. I can't say that I never did. I can't say that I never splurged. In fact the last few months have been the most difficult. I really struggled with binge eating and not logging everything these last few months.

So that's it in a nutshell. Log everything, stick to the calories allotted, I didn't eat back excercise calories (I know this isn't recommended but it's what I chose to do), and excercise like crazy!
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    You look fantastic, you are my motivation today :) I hope to look half as good as you at the end. It's funny, you get use to being the 'big' girl and you say that you could never be the 'tiny' person.......... you are showing that you can! I can't wait to hit the gym tonight :) Thank you!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic transformation! Congratulations!
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations - you are an AMAZING woman. You look fabulous! Great work!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss!!! You look great! It is amazing what our bodies can do when we work for it! Congrats to you!
  • debobrien1
    Options
    WOW! If it weren't for your tatoos, I wouldn't believe you were the same person!!! Awesome girl!!! :smile:
  • ramelly1
    Options
    Good job... I love seeing success stories like these!
  • brttnyhrrll
    Options
    i've been trying to lose 70lbs for about 1 year and 7 months now so i know how hard it is, congrats! you look amazing!
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes girl...great job congrsts.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! You look great!
  • madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hot damn you look amazing!!!
  • Wow! What a transformation! You look so great. Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!