Come and Get Your Gap . . . Thigh Gap . . . That is . . .

Options

Replies

• skinnyminitea
    Options
    What's so unhealthy about this:

thigh-gap-tumblr-x3q4z1vf3-144347-475-311.jpg
    What's unhealthy is it's like idolizing longer arms, and following stupid routines to try to achieve it. If you don't have the bone structure, its pointless.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

The problem is not every woman can achieve that. Look at how her hips are angled, if her hips were narrow she would not have that gap.

The real issue is women who kill themselves to get that, even if it's not possible because of their genetics or bone structure. The only women I've ever seen with thigh gaps are models, either with the right bone structure or airbrushed in, or dangerously thin women.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I really don't think it's healthy to wander around outdoors without pants.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

She's probably going to end up with a hoo-ha infection from shorts that tight and ... short.

But seriously, that's not what I picture when I hear "thigh gap." I picture extremely thin thighs that don't come anywhere near touching. Which is also fine if you come by it naturally, and don't have to resort to extreme measures to get or stay that way.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

What's unhealthy is it's like idolizing longer arms, and following stupid routines to try to achieve it. If you don't have the bone structure, its pointless.

The same could be said about big boobs and the risks that come with plastic surgery. People like what they like. Whether they'll get it or not is a different story.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Mine gap when they're supposed to. That's all that matters :P

that's what i'm talking about.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Ladies, trust me, the only gap between your thighs I'm interested in, you already have it

Edit: PS. I'm not dissing any woman trying to get it, I'm just saying that most men and women don't really give it much thought
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

She's probably going to end up with a hoo-ha infection from shorts that tight and ... short.

See all these comments sound like stank remarks. Seriously. You're all dissing the girl in the picture for what? Your own ego? I love how it's all bashes instead of science.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ladies, if you really want thigh gap, follow these three simple steps.

1. Find a man, or woman if you prefer
    2. Lay on your back
    3. Spread your legs.

Instant thigh gap.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have wide hips so I will achieve the thigh gap and I can't f*cking wait.

Screw anyone who says it's "disgusting."
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Here we go again.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

See all these comments sound like stank remarks. Seriously. You're all dissing the girl in the picture for what? Your own ego? I love how it's all bashes instead of science.
    ^^This.

My thighs touch because my bone structure doesn't allow them not too. The model's don't touch because her bone structure gives her a gap.

It's really not that hard to grasp.

That being said....

Ermahgerd, thigh gap!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is this really important to people? Wow. I could care less if I had a thigh gap... Oye :-/
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

We're "dissing" her clothing not her. Last I checked it was still okay to "fashion bash", just not "body bash".
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I prefer thighs that touch.

Were you not aware that women do things to impress other women.

Not men?!

I didn't get the memo. :-(
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Mine gap when they're supposed to. That's all that matters :P

Finally someone gets it!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

Not men?!

GAWD! Get with the picture man.

Boyz r gross. Duh.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I was naturally rail thin...I had a thigh gap...and HATED it! I was actually teased about it! Now everyone wants one...go figure. :noway:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Not men?!

GAWD! Get with the picture man.

Boyz r gross. Duh.

Does thigh gap assist with scissoring?
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Are you not reading the replies correctly? We're not telling you she's ugly. I admit it, she's hot and I wish I looked like that.

What we're telling you is it's unhealthy for women to kill themselves for a thigh gap, because unless they have the right bone structure and genetics, they'll never look like this. They'll still look great with the diet and exercise, but there's little chance they'll look exactly like the girl in the picture.