Whey Protein taste issue, advice please.

Options
2»

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who made suggestions, knew I could count on my MFP'rs for some great ideas.:drinker:
  • misnamedfitz
    Options
    I really hate protein powder, however, I just discovered that blueberries help mask its awful flavor... I tried a peach only shake first, and it was disgusting. I think the blueberries help because they have a pretty strong flavor.

Here's my protein shake. I put all ingredients in the blender and blend. This makes 1 serving:

-2 tablespoons whey protein
    -12oz of water
    -1/2 packet of stevia
    -1 tablespoon almond butter
    -1 cup blueberries + 1 peach

I didn't want a drink that used milk, since I'm watching calories, or bananas, since I am on the Clean detox by Junger.

I question whether I really need the almond butter since I don't taste it. Does it just help thicken the smoothie?

To clarify, this drink is just okay, but at least I can stomach it. In the future, I'll try this with blueberries and pomegranate (pomegranate instead of peaches) plus about a tablespoon of lime juice. I think that would make it even better. I'll also try omitting the almond butter for the sake of fewer calories.