Looking to get into Shape

Trigun1659
Trigun1659 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

I'm 20 years old, born and raised in Jersey, going to school in Maine. I have been working as a Corrections Officer for a year and a half (since I got out of highschool at 18) and looking to make the jump into Full-Time Law Enforcement Road Patrol. I am 215 pounds, give or take, and lift weights daily. I train in CrossFit, and I try to run three times a week. The Academy Standards are at least 29 Push-Ups, 38 Sit-Ups in a minute, and 1.5 miles in 12:53. When I take the test (I want to work for the NJ State Police, eventually the U.S. Marshalls) I want to blow the competition away.

My biggest problem so far is my diet. On my budget (I live in an apartment by myself) I have to buy what I can with the money I have, and it can get hard sometimes with the hours I work. This website is awesome, looking to get to my goal of at most 190 before the academy, while still handling myself inside the Jail.

Also, I train in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and Boxing. Love it.

Replies

• tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    So is it just the money thing or the time and cooking too? Great job on all the exercise. Can you pass all of the requirements when it comes to the physical activities?
  • It's more of a time and cooking issue. I hate cooking, and, more importantly, I hate cleaning up after cooking. Lol. Living in a two floor apartment by yourself can get mundane after vacuuming thrice in one week. I can afford to eat healthy, I jsut can't cook. I usually settle for lean meat, like Turkey and Chicken, make some burgers with them, and get some wheat buns.

And yes, I can do the physical activies for the academy. I just want to be able to look like I can handle myself in a confrontation. At the same time, the way the academy works, you are always doing something physical. For instance, during gun cleaning and maintenence, you lock-legs with a partner, and as he cleans his handgun, you are doing sit-ups. The faster he completes the task, the less amount of Sit-Ups you have to do.

Hands behind your head, fingers interlaced. All the way down, all the way up, elbows past knees.
    Eight Motiviated...
    Eight Dedicated...

Haha, it's crazy.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond... Been really busy lately.
    anyway, what I do is take one day and make a weeks worth of meals and freeze them. For instance, I take out my gorge forman grill and cook up some chicken.. In one I may add rice and frozen mixed veggies for a stir fry. In another you can add your favorite veggie and some lemon juice or lemons, you decide what sounds good to you. Also if I want something special like spaghetti or a roast, I cook enough for my family plus a little extra and portion that up into single servings then freeze that for later.
This discussion has been closed.