Afternoon snack ideas please

Options
I don't normally snack, in fact I have been trying not to lately but I am changing my meal plans around and am going to add in an afternoon snack. I'd like some ideas though to keep me going till dinner, what do you like to snack on? What high protein snacks can I keep in a drawer at work that aren't nuts?

Replies

• rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Commenting as this wasn't showing on forum list for me
  • ms_cataclysm
    ms_cataclysm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snacks are typically, small banana, three small dates, a few cherry tomatoes topped off with water and coffee
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I usually snack on fruit, peaches, bananas. or apples mainly. Sometimes I make a small salad or if I need chocolate I grab a choc mousse which is 90 cals. I usually try and make sure the snacks are less than 100 cals.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    celery with cottage cheese
    celery with peanut butter
    cottage cheese on oatcakes
    almonds
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on greek yogurt in the afternoons, or sometimes quick veggies like snow peas if I'm looking for something to eat with fewer calories.
  • Smak38
    Smak38 Posts: 8
    Options
    Dehydrated fruit?
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    nuts/fruits/veggies/greek yogurt/protein bar
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese/sf pudding mix/peanut butter & some sort of fruit
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheese stick and V8
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    2 TBS all natural (no added salt, sugar, or oil) peanut butter with green apple or celery sticks, 1/2 cup berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries etc.) with 1oz. of all natural unsalted almonds, 2oz.Avocado on carrot chips
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas ( very filling and tasty and low calorie) , banana, hard boiled egg. Greek yoghurt with vegan protein powder, sometimes a nakd raw food bar or dried mango.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I don't normally snack, in fact I have been trying not to lately but I am changing my meal plans around and am going to add in an afternoon snack. I'd like some ideas though to keep me going till dinner, what do you like to snack on? What high protein snacks can I keep in a drawer at work that aren't nuts?

Do you like cheese? If you have a place to stash some string-cheese sticks, you can get a bag of them at the local supermarket.
    Or try some yogurt.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people have said, GREEK YOGURT, it's amazing :) I have it with half a frozen banana or some frozen blueberries

Otherwise, I sometimes snack on just plain slices of turkey breast deli meat...super yummy :) Or, make a few roll-ups: put a slice of turkey breast and a thin slice of tomato on a lettuce leaf and roll it up.
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    That roll up idea sounds delicious! Must try! :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Why do you need high protein?

Here's some I like

fruit smoothies
    an apple with some cinnomin cut up
    kale chips
    watermelon
    orange slices
    strawberries..

pretty much any fruit and you don't have to worry much about the calories and you'll be getting vitamins and fiber and a little protein, but I'd be more concerned about getting enough fiber in my diet than protein since most americans don't get enough
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pineapple, homemade trail mix(unsalted almonds.2 prices of dark chocolate and 1/4 cup dried fruit) celery and peanut butter or apples with PB. Strawberries, cherries, pears, oranges, frozen yogurt, kashi granola bars, mango, and blueberries. Not all in the same day of course!
  • OccupyLife
    Options
    Apples, celery, whole grain crackers with peanut butter. Cucumbers, carrots, greek yogurt, nuts, grapes, yogurt smoothies, cottage cheese, pretzels. The ideas are unless. Just be aware of your proportions.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I don't often snack during the day (notorious night snacker), but I usually pack a prepared snack bag of nuts (right now it's walnuts and almonds, but I mix it up all the time) and a piece of fruit in case I feel peckish at work. I work at a bakery and I'd rather not eat some of the stuff that comes out of it. I find the nuts really tide me over well and truly before dinner and the fruit is handy if I'm going out for a run straight after work. If I've done some baking, I might pack a homemade treat instead.

Some days I can leave both and eat them later that night and other days I just feel like devouring them regardless!
  • bluesummersea
    Options
    Wouldn't say it's high protein, but I have a couple of sesameal crackers and hummus if I need a snack, depending on ow hungry I am I increase how many I have, within reason of course!
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is dried mangoes. Low in calories but they fill me up :)