POSSIBLE TO LOSE 10 IN 2 WEEKS?

Options

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did when I was on five hundred calories per day. Though it ****ed me up mentally and I felt dizzy and cold all the time. So I really recommend that you don't try and lose 10lbs in two weeks, its just not healthy.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Go to the park, and have fun. I promise you nobody is even going to look at you twice and even if they did, you'll never see these people again in your life.

I weighed 287 pounds at my heaviest and I still put on my plus size bathing suit and had a blast at the beach. You only have one life, why waste it worrying what other people may or may not be saying about you?

But you should really start to analyze your current mindset on your body, health, and food. If you don't love yourself at 160, 150 will not be the magic number when you suddenly feel confident.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it IS possible, but only if you're actually CARRYING 10 extra pounds. when i first started working out, i lost 10 pounds fast..i think it was in 2 weeks. but if you're getting down there on weight you'll find it's harder to lose the weight. it depends on how overweight you are, and also how much of that is muscle mass. and you definitely should be going by inches, not the number on the scale. for example: i'm 177, and i'm a size medium shirt and 11 jeans. i've seen people who are 177 (or even less) and they are visibly carrying much more fat than i am. now i'm obviously not at my goal weight, but i do know that muscle, height, body type, etc play into weight loss. so, if you were a track runner like i was, you would be carrying more weight in muscle. hope this helps!
  • simplyAmanda89
    simplyAmanda89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    one. for the prick who thinks i need consoling just cause i don't log my **** don't mean i don't eat. thanks for the enlightening as well as hurtful comments. i just asked if its possible didn't say i wanna chop off a body part jerkwads. to the nicer people thanks for the advice.

done here
    bye
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    This is right on for myself. I've lost 11 and still have to wear the bigger size suit. In my opinion, there is a better chance of getting sick then losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I also liked what the gal said about giving yourself a break. I thought about the picnic I went to last weekend and how neat it would be to look thin and cute. I realized that isn't what this is really about for me. Yes, I want to be attractive, who doesn't, but I want to be happy with who I am and what I'm doing with my life. I think losing the fat is going just be this great bonus.
    I don't think ten pounds will make a huge difference in your swimsuit selection :ohwell:

I would measure your waist and hips today, and aim for a 1/2 inch to 1 inch loss (depending on your size- if you're smaller, go less) by then.

And then don't touch the measuring tape until the two weeks is up, because if you measure every day it'll stress you out like the scale is doing.
  • laurashapiro
    laurashapiro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My mother in law made the announcemnt for a waterpark trip in about 2 weeks. I'm at 15?? is it possible to lose 10 in that amount of time or am I aiming too high. I've been uncomfortable with the idea since it was brought up. hell i dont even have a suit to wear to get wet, im so self concious. :( advice as far as dieting and stuff? I might do two a days, running in the morning, insanity after work. yogurt, wheat bread turkey, salmon, smaller portions, slimfast shakes or special k cereal if I have my small window for breakfast? I'm not asking for a miracle I just wanna be under 150 at least so I can find a decent bathing suit. HELP!!

I dont agree with most of these replies, honestly.
    1) You can technically lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks, and if it gets you through an otherwise uncomfortable situation, then so be it. Atkins will work if you DO NOT CHEAT. Now that said, I really dont advocate for Atkins because I did it (and the other variations) for years and one day it just stopped working. I dont know why. It just did. Also, once you fall off the wagon for any amount of time, you will gain the weight back.

2) You will absolutely look different 10 lbs less in a bathing suit. I do agree that there are some really sexy one piecelfes out there if youre not ready, or dont want to go the bikini route. Try something with a halter and deep V with middle rouching. Very 60s. Lucky for us, those suits are out there!

So, to sum it up, you should do what makes you feel good, but understand that a quick fix will ultimately fail. So, use the band-aide for what its worth and then get serious about making smart healthy decisions and being ok with a 1-2 lb loss per week. Its amazing- one day you'll wake up and be a different person, and having learned how to be "her" for the rest of your life.

Good luck, and at the end of the day, have fun!
  • Jerry945
    Jerry945 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost10 in 2 weeks and a day but I just started and lot probably water and im close to 100 pd over
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    one. for the prick who thinks i need consoling just cause i don't log my **** don't mean i don't eat. thanks for the enlightening as well as hurtful comments. i just asked if its possible didn't say i wanna chop off a body part jerkwads. to the nicer people thanks for the advice.

done here
    bye

First off ...I was in no way trying to be hurtful or disrespectful and my comments were not sarcastic or rude. I didnt tell you to cut off body parts ...i was Just honest ...the fact that you even asked this question tells me you have an unhealthy view of your body image In the first place. Second , statements like. " I wanna get under 150 so I can find a cute suit " cause me to believe you have unhealthy ideals and expectations for what the female body should look like . There are plenty of cute suits for women that come in sizes way bigger than you would currently wear. I own several . This really isn't about ten pounds it's about your negative perception of your body as it is ..if your 5' 8 and 155. My guess is you look pretty darn good . I know my sister is your height and weight and she looks fabulous ! If I can wear a swim suit and feel confident and at peace you should definitely be able too .Self confidence seems to be your issue not ten pounds.
  • simplyAmanda89
    Options
    a mommy belly with stretchmarks confidence does not make.sorry you feelthat way. i'm not heavy i just want toFEEL pretty
    again yes i have confidence issues from a mom calling me fat even when i was 115. excuse me for wanting for once to be what the media calls an ideal image. couldn't appreciate it before because of her and i want to be different.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a mommy belly with stretch marks and I have tons of confidence. I wear cute one pieces.

Those stretch marks aren't going away by losing weight, sorry.

Why don't you try actually logging for 2 weeks and working out daily? You won't lose 10 lbs but you will feel better.

Life is too short to miss out on fun activities because of some arbitrary number on the scale. You would be better off working on your inside and the outside will follow.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    Why is the number such a fixture here? You're looking for inches, not pounds, I'm sure.

Just buy a swimsuit that is flattering for your current body and give yourself a break.

^^ This.

Be reasonable with yourself.... healthy options, no quick fixes and exercise.
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I remember when I was about 18, I lost 9.5 lbs in 1 week. I biked everyday 1a hard 10 miles, cut back a ton on eating and drank a ton of water. Recently I found if you need to just drop weight, do the Atkins 2 week intro. Basically no carbs, a ton of protein and water. And if you are exercising you should lose a decent amount. It also depends on how much you need to lose. If you are say 10-20lbs overweight, this is a stretch. If you need to lose say 50 or more, it maybe possible.
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh 230 lbs and I could care less what others think about me in a swim suit. I go to the beach, out on the boat, etc. Just find a suit you feel good in and say the hell with what other people think :)
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on how much you could lose. Try and cut down on salt and bread (& other carbs) to avoid looking bloated. You will lose a lot of extra water weight quickly that way. You might be able to lose about 5lbs of fat if you really work at it but don't aim for 10lbs you will be dissapointed or ill.

get a spray tan, do your nails and hair and buy a nice swimsuit with a flattering wrap around stomach section. Swimwear 365 have some nice bits online.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Atkins induction phase...I lost 11 lbs. in 2 weeks.

Any "diet" induction phase is going to result in large loss in the first couple of weeks!
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You definitely can lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. However, it won't be permanent. But, it can be done in a healthy way. The best way I know is by juicing. You'll need a juicer. But, fruits and veggies are the way to go. It is not recommended to juice for a long period of time. But, a 14 day juice plan is a great way to lose the weight. Jason Vale's "The Juice Master, Turbo-charge your life in 14 days" book worked great for my husband. I'm a big weight lifter, so I didn't feel comfortable juicing for all meals. But, my husband, who is 218lbs, lost 14 pounds by the end of it. I did try it for a few days and realized how amazing it was. I didn't feel hungry at all and you can drink whatever you do start to feel hungry.

Still, just know it's not a permanent fix.

I'm sure you know how to get your weight down properly. But, to answer your question, I hope this helps :)
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    a mommy belly with stretchmarks confidence does not make.sorry you feelthat way. i'm not heavy i just want toFEEL pretty
    again yes i have confidence issues from a mom calling me fat even when i was 115. excuse me for wanting for once to be what the media calls an ideal image. couldn't appreciate it before because of her and i want to be different.

I understand where you are coming from. I'm a new mom myself and I still struggle with how having a baby changed my body and my perception of myself. All jokes about cutting off a limb aside though, no, there is no way you can lose 10 pounds of fat in 2 weeks. Absolutely no possible way. Could you lose 10 pounds of weight? Sure, in 2 days if you really wanted to. And you would look smaller overall, but I would seriously worry about your energy levels that day, particularly in the hot sun.

MMA guys might try to lose 10 pounds in an HOUR. It can be done, and these guys are mostly low body fat percentages already. I watched a show where a fighter had 3 hours to lose around 10 pounds. He dragged an exercise bike in the sauna and rode it hard for like 2 hours straight while wearing one of those stupid plastic suits. When finished, he pulled off his suit and like, 10 pounds of sweat came gushing out. He did make his goal though. He had to crawl to the weigh in and he looked like crap.

What I would recommend, OP, is a stricter diet for the next 2 weeks if it will make you feel better. Stay away from foods or drinks that are known to cause bloating and water retention. Drink only water. It won't make a huge difference weight wise, but it might make you feel a little more confident.
  • simplyAmanda89
    Options
    just cause I dont log doesnt mean I'm not still tracking. I've just been too busy to log every meal and excercise I do. ugh i might just sop posting on this place, people are too assumptive
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Buy a suit that shows off your bust.

Buy a great hat and waterproof necklace that takes attention off your hips.

By a nice coverup that you like to wear between spashes.

Smile so everyone will look at your face. Hold those beautiful kids. They are the best coverup.

And have a good time. Spash a lot and no one will notice after the first 2 minutes. They'll be too busy worrying about how THEY look.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I weigh 230 lbs and I could care less what others think about me in a swim suit. I go to the beach, out on the boat, etc. Just find a suit you feel good in and say the hell with what other people think :)

This.