After C25K...

Options
I recently completed the whole program - Yay! Wanted some input on what some of you have done afterwards. I really want to continue running, and I really like to structure of using the app. Would you recommend doing it over again and perhaps increasing my speed?

Replies

• nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You have a few options.

1. Re do the program but run hard during the run phases and jog during the walk.

2. Get Couch 2 10k or bridge 2 10k to continue your training.

3. Start your own program, register for a few races, try a 5k 10k, 1/2 and full marathon.

4. Find some runners to change up your routine.
  • donkraft
    donkraft Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I got the 10k trainer app from Zen labs and continued on with it. Took me longer than scheduled but im going to complete it then run a 10k at the end of this month. Ive never been conditioned like this in my life and I was a Marine for 6 years.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Depends on your overall goals as related to your running. Do you want to run in 5Ks and increase your speed? Then do speed work and enter some races. Do you want to run longer distances? Then focus on increasing your mileage (no more than 10%/week) and maybe look at entering some 10Ks or training for a half. Not sure what you want to do? Then keep running while you think about it, but in the meantime enter a few 5Ks. They are a ton of fun, and helps you decide what your next goal will be. Good luck, and above all else have fun with it!