Any 5'6" women out there?

Options
Hi there! I'm Kathy :) I'm 5'6" and currently around 167. What do you think is a good goal weight for your height? I've thought about around 135 but wanted to see what others the same height would say.

Replies

• heathermonti
    heathermonti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'6" and around 166. My goal right now is 135, and I too am curious how that would look on me. The lowest I can remember weighing as an adult was 147, and I still felt kinda chubby then. I have the hardest time getting belly fat to go away!!
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 6", 153 lbs now but finding it really hard to get down to between 140 and 130. i would say 135 is a good goal weight.
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 140. I have a lot of fat around my stomach and hips. I have a small frame, so 140 looks big on me.

My goal weight is 125-130. I weighed 124 last year and so I'm shooting for somewhere around there. I am slender at that weight but not really toned, which is something I am working on. Even at 124 last year I still was "soft." So I will get to 130 and see what I want to do then. You are welcome to friend me if you'd like a similar "height" buddy, lol!
  • Cathevine
    Options
    Hi! Just joined this forum :) My height is right in between 5'6" and 5'7". CW is 128lb. My goal weight is 120lb, or even 115lb if I can do it.

I am a student, so I want to loose some weight during the summer, because it's really hard to eat healthy and exercise regularly during the school year.

Good luck to everyone here!
  • torilee87
    Options
    Hi I'm also 5'6" I started using the app 3 months ago. I started at 167 also, & my goal weight is 135..now I only have 8 pounds to go. I think 135 is a good weight, normal bmi weight is between 119 & like 150 I think.
  • DLKRay
    DLKRay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm 5' 6" about... and my goal is 150-160
    of course I have a LOT to lose and am only 63 years young :)
    anyways when I get there I MAY decide less is more

When I was ayoung person my dr insisted I get down' to 120
    I made it to 125 but couldn't shake those last 5 pounds..
    It made me feel like a failure in the weight department so
    I gave up for a while and by the time I married @ 21 was at 160

Then proceeded to be on a rollercoster for the next years... and gained 50 lbs with
    each of my three children... lost and gained many pounds in between ...
    @ my currennt weight I will be happy when I see 300 again... should be able to do that by Christmas
    THIS TIME For SURE I think it's probably my last chance... and I will with God's help suceed!
  • cindergirl73
    Options
    I am 5'6". I am currently 264ish. I was down as low as 140 about 10 years ago and a lot of people said I was too thin. When I was 150-160 I think I looked and felt best. I am almost 39, so who knows if I can ever get down that low again. Right now my goal is 195....I just want to get out of the 200s. My highest weight was April 2011 when I started to lose on my own. I was 310.
  • trishaknighton
    Options
    im 5'6" 164lbs, to start im setting my goal for 155 then i will set it for 145 . i think 135-140 is a good weight for that height, i look healthy at 140 and not to skinny, i use to be 125 until i quit smoking and drinking and was going on 40 and boy did that put on the weight. i never had to deal with being chunky until then, sure is hard to get use to still after 10 yrs. :) i dont want to put my goal so far away that i get depressed and discouraged.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Elloo, I'm 5'6, add me if you like deary :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 132. That was my goal weight 12 years ago, and I've mostly weighed that weight as an adult.

It works well for me. I have a small to medium frame.
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" currently 167. My goal weight is 154 for now.
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and started out at 175 lbs. I am currently at 154 and I think I would like to get to 140. That should put me at a size 8/10.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    5'6 here, my goal weight is around 135-140 and i'm medium framed, so 135 is pushing it a little thin for my body type.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    I am 5'6 117 right now.
    What is the weight you were when you felt the most comfortable and happy with? Mine Is 115 to 120 but not all girls 5'6 have the same small frame as me so for med to larger boned/body type women that may be to low.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Hey hey - I'm just over 5'6" and I am aiming for 142 - 145. I've kind of got a "wide" frame, so I figure this is a good goal to start with and I can go from there.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    5'6"er here too. :smile:
    I'm 169 lbs and aiming for 150lbs for now. I'm looking more for a thinner and healthier version of myself. I've been fat and I've been skinny~I just want something in the middle where I feel comfortable. :smile:
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6' and weigh 159. My goal is 150, I love my curves :-)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :smile: i teeter between 5'6 and 5'7 and i think a healthy weight would be 145 you can check out this website to look at pics of girls the same height at different weights your considering and with same body shape.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

have fun :smile:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, I'm in the 130s but 125 would be my absolute ideal... I don't check the scale at all, I'm focusing on strength, fitness, tone and gaining muscle so I don't really know what weight I'll end up at! :)
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", started out at 165, and am now in "maintain" mode between 140-145 while I try to focus on building back more muscle (think I lost a lot during 2 years of medical-induced inactivity -- 145 looks a lot different on me now than it did 10 years ago). Once I build more muscle, I'll go back on a deficit to cut a little more fat; I'm really not sure where the scale will end up.

I think 135-140 is a reasonable goal (since you have to enter SOMETHING), as long as you're able to objectively evaluate it and don't mind changing it (up or down) as you get closer and see how you feel.