FIT bit acting up

Options
Hello all. I got the fit bit this weekend and love it however I have found one major flaw! While running it thinks I am going up steps....is there anyway to fix this?

Replies

• skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Any chance there are hills on your route? And if no one on this board has a better idea, you might post the question on the Fitbit Users board. Kimsied (sp?) over there is very helpful.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I got the fit bit this weekend and love it however I have found one major flaw! While running it thinks I am going up steps....is there anyway to fix this?

it could be due to hills on your route.

Another thing you might want to do is enter your stride length for both running and walking. I have heard that that increases accuracy.

Here is something from the fitbit forum explaining how to do it
    http://www.fitbit.com/forums/post/4KTZ2J9SKWWQ3/calculating stride
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes it was the hills! I didn't think of that. I did climb 16 flights of stairs today but the FIT BIT says 38floors. I was so confused but the hills explain it! thank you all!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you did any driving while wearing it, that can make it go nuts too. Mine gives me mega false readings while driving - if it's a bumpy road it will add hundreds of steps and 15-20 floors to my count. I have to go in everyday and log my driving/riding in a car so it will subtract it from the readings.