Poll: How old is too old to wear a ...?

Options
A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

• Bikini – 47
• Miniskirt – 35
• Tube top – 33
• Stilettos – 51
• Belly button ring – 35
• Knee-high boots – 47
• Leather pants – 34
• Leggings – 45
• UGG boots – 45
• See-through blouse – 40
• One-piece bathing suit – 61
• Long hair – 53
• Ponytail – 51

Your thoughts?

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you look good and you can still rock it then wear it. I have seen many women in their late 40's and late 50's for that matter who are in awesome shape and can rock a bikini.

If you've got it, flaunt it.

Ugg boots on the other hand should never be worn no matter how old or young you are. They're just horrific!
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    If you look good and you can still rock it then wear it. I have seen many women in their late 40's and late 50's for that matter who are in awesome shape and can rock a bikini.

If you've got it, flaunt it.

Ugg boots on the other hand should never be worn no matter how old or young you are. They're just horrific!

that is what i would say
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    • Bikini – If you have the body then you are never too old!
    • Miniskirt – 20
    • Tube top – 12
    • Stilettos – depends on the style
    • Belly button ring – never too old to have one but you may be to old to show it in public :P
    • Knee-high boots – depends on the style
    • Leather pants – 20
    • Leggings – 14
    • UGG boots – 14
    • One-piece bathing suit – depends on physique
    • Long hair – until you die!
    • Ponytail - I will have a ponytail until I have no more hair to keep out of my eyes when I'm working out LOL
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    So what do you wear to the beach to swim in when you're 62?

I will always wear my hair long, and most of the time in a pony tail. I look ridiculous with short hair!

If you can rock the outfit, go for it. However, if you look 50, wearing fmp, mini skirt and a sheer blouse, you will get laughed at.
    If you're wearing booty shorts/mini skirt and ugg boots, even if you have the body of a model and are 20, you will get laughed at.
    We call them eskihoes. I've seen 21-25 yr olds wear mini skirts, sheer blouses and such. TRAIN WRECK. Just because you can buy it, does not mean you should!

But why care what other people think?

Me? I typically wear jeans (not mom jeans, I don't even own pair, but not skinny jeans, either) and a t'shirt. Occasionally
    I'll dress up for my guys on Sunday. I dress up nicely for the husband when we go out on our own and not with friends. going out with my best friend, we go almost all out. <my pic was taken by my best friend.>
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I basically agree with most of them, but there are a few...

Ponytails are so convenient, although yeah, after about 50 wearing your hair up in a ponytail as a legitimate hairstyle (as in, "I did this on purpose this morning" and not "i want this s*** out of my face while I work out/clean the house/etc") is a little iffy.

See-through blouses, tube tops, leggings (as pants - no issue with wearing them under skirts/dresses for modesty), and UGG boots just shouldn't be worn by anyone, ever. I have yet to see an example of any of these that hasn't looked trashy, especially see-through clothes. If I can see your bra (or your breasts, for that matter!) and we're not in da club, go put a god damned real shirt on. Even the slightly-sheer oxford-style shirts that have become bizarrely popular, if not only because nothing else is available, look bad on everyone, in my opinion.

One-piece bathing suits...I don't really understand this one? Are people older than 60 just never supposed to go swimming again? Do they even still sell the 1940s-style bathing costumes that cover you from neck to knee, with the half-sleeves? I guess there are degrees of modesty for one-pieces. The alternative is skinny-dipping old people. You're welcome for that mental image.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I wear what I want and I encourage others to do the same.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think that if you like it, feel good in it, and don't show anything genitalia-related, you're golden to wear whatever the fruck you want.
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Interesting how this is just about women's clothing. Men can wear jeans and a t-shirt their whole life and no one will ever mention it. Fashion is weird.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So what do you wear to the beach to swim in when you're 62?

I will always wear my hair long, and most of the time in a pony tail. I look ridiculous with short hair!

If you can rock the outfit, go for it. Just because you can buy it, does not mean you should!

But why care what other people think?

yeah, I agree with this.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    • Belly button ring – 35

I found this one funny because I'm 35 and just getting fit for the first time in my life. I plan to get a belly button piercing the second I can see my abs! :glasses:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    A UK diet company called Diet Chef recently did a poll asking people when they should stop wearing certain things. Bikini, miniskirt, UGG boots…they asked about it all.

But if you want to see what other people think here's when you're too old to wear ...

• Bikini – 47
    • Miniskirt – 35
    • Tube top – 33
    • Stilettos – 51
    • Belly button ring – 35
    • Knee-high boots – 47
    • Leather pants – 34
    • Leggings – 45
    • UGG boots – 45
    • One-piece bathing suit – 61
    • Long hair – 53
    • Ponytail – 51

Your thoughts?

I'd argue that much of this list shouldn't be worn by any self-respecting person in the first place, and as for the rest, I've seen women rock all sorts of looks at all sorts of ages. Just wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and beautiful, I say.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Your thoughts?

I'm 40. In a miniskirt, sheer blouse, and if you look close enough, you may see my naval piercing.

[img]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa353/isthisbliss/clothes/mini.jpg[/quote] Diet Chef can bite me.[/img]
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Interesting how this is just about women's clothing. Men can wear jeans and a t-shirt their whole life and no one will ever mention it. Fashion is weird.

Yes, we do mention it. "dude, he's 40 and STILL wearing holister shirts?" I think we're just kinder to men and men don't care what other men wear.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    See-through blouses, tube tops, leggings (as pants...) and we're not in da club...

One-piece bathing suits...I don't really understand this one? Are people older than 60 just never supposed to go swimming again? ... The alternative is skinny-dipping old people. You're welcome for that mental image.

This.
    The mental image made me laugh.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your thoughts?

I'm 40. In a miniskirt, sheer blouse, and if you look close enough, you may see my naval piercing.

mini.jpg

Diet Chef can bite me.
    [/quote]

MEOWWWWWW, woman. Work it! :)
  • Rhondabill
    Rhondabill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So what do you wear when you're 62, if you're too old for a bikini & a one piece?

WHY...I'm guessing NUDE!

Just someone's opinion on the one piece & 62...don't let this silly survay keep anyone out of a swimsuit that is trying to get some excersize.
  • wildvintagechic
    wildvintagechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Life is not a dress rehearsal! Good friends of mine just went to a funeral of a woman who was 52. She found out she had terminal cancer one day and died the next night of a blood clot. I'm sure other people have similar stories.

I will wear what I want and do what I want and everybody who doesn't like it can bite me or just look the other way if you're really offended!

when I turn 50 I'm growing out my hair; and when was a pony tail ever a "hairstyle"?
  • wildvintagechic
    wildvintagechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[img]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa353/isthisbliss/clothes/mini.jpg[/quote] Diet Chef can bite me YOU ROCK!![/img]
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    As I'm just beginning to like myself at the age of 35 (just turned 36), I find it laughable that my life as a woman is now going to be dictated by the authorities as to what I can wear and how I present myself. I'm about to get breast implants. And just so I can flaunt them however I wish... not because of anything other than cosmetic reasons. Why on earth do I need to stop wearing short shorts, skirts, and ponytails now? That's nonsense.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A one piece bathing suit at 61 I guess back to a two piece at 62. but one must always wear the flower swim cap. It really makes the outfit..Zing Bazinga!