Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal?

Options
I bought a box of sugar free maple & brown sugar oatmeal.. I've never thought about it until now, but how does something that contains brown sugar (obviously) be sugar free? LoL

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Check out the ingredients list... I bought that and threw it away and bought the canister of 100% natural quick oats instead.
  • AshlySouthard
    Options
    Check out the ingredients list... I bought that and threw it away and bought the canister of 100% natural quick oats instead.

I really like it and it only has 100 calories. I just thought the name itself was kind of ironic. I have a canister of regular, instant regular along with 2 or 3 other sugar free flavors. lol
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Splenda has a brown sugar variety. Maybe that's it?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Sugar free doesn't necessarily mean there is no sugar, usually just means they didn't add sugar or it's an "insignificant amount" like less than .5g per serving.
  • AshlySouthard
    Options
    Sugar free doesn't necessarily mean there is no sugar, usually just means they didn't add sugar or it's an "insignificant amount" like less than .5g per serving.

I'm not sure. It says 0g of sugar. I'm going to take a look at the ingredient list I suppose. LoL