Running shoes...What do u wear?

Options

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I want to stick with the Nike because of the chip I have for their shoe. I tried the FRee - HATE them. I also bought the Zoom Structure. My first pair was almost perfect. But they are worn out, so I tried a second pair of the same and they are HORRIBLE for me.

I am now wearing the AirMax (which gets awesome reviews) and I'm not 100% sold. Give them about a 7 on a 1 to 10.

I know I should go to a running store. Think I will figure out where one is. THANKS!!!!!! :)

Just try them on and see how they feel, you dont have to get Nike+ shoes to use the sensor. You can buy shoe lace attachments made for the Nike+ sensor and many articles are online on how to make your own.

Now I feel like a big dummy! Are you serious????
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, you need to really get into a running shop that can check gait analysis etc.. and they can recommend the best training shoe for you.

Personally I over pronate and so require stability shoes, so I have 2 that I wear:

Solomon cross - for off road / multi-terrain
    Asics gels - for road running
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    As someone else suggested- go to a store that specializes in running shoes, and have your feet/stride looked at. They will be able to recommend the right shoe for you personally (we all run differently) which will help you prevent injury and keep your feet and legs happy.

If you are looking at Nike + just because of the program that syncs with your iphone- there are many other running programs you can get for your mobile device that work just as well- without it being attached to a shoe.

also- for a record, I wear New Balance sneakers.
  • alofay
    alofay Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I used to be Nike all the way and now I'm and Asics girl!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want to stick with the Nike because of the chip I have for their shoe. I tried the FRee - HATE them. I also bought the Zoom Structure. My first pair was almost perfect. But they are worn out, so I tried a second pair of the same and they are HORRIBLE for me.

I am now wearing the AirMax (which gets awesome reviews) and I'm not 100% sold. Give them about a 7 on a 1 to 10.

I know I should go to a running store. Think I will figure out where one is. THANKS!!!!!! :)

Just try them on and see how they feel, you dont have to get Nike+ shoes to use the sensor. You can buy shoe lace attachments made for the Nike+ sensor and many articles are online on how to make your own.

Now I feel like a big dummy! Are you serious????

Yep. Let me get you some links.

Easy to make
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Nike-Plus-iPod-sensor-holder/

Buy
    http://www.fitnesstoys.com/BeanPodismadebeRedRockproducts.

My Fav

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:15355
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I can't afford new trainers at the moment, so run in my vans (so flipping comfy though!)
  • ewjohnson4
    ewjohnson4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves talking about shoes! Great to see. For me it depends a lot on the mileage and the surface. For straight-ahead road running the Nike Reax are great and I think are Nike+ compatible.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that says go to a store. Your ankle flexibility, arch height, gait, and goals will all factor into what shoe will work best for YOU to keep you injury free and comfy :) Right now I'm using Brooks Adrenaline (last years version) and Saucony Progrid Ride's (also last years version). I'm due for an upgraddeeee :)
  • loneranger360
    Options
    Adidas Adiwear Boston's
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Dart 9....comfortable and affordable ($40 at Kohls)...and of course they are cute.. =0)
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    http://store.karrimor.com/karrimor-pace-mens-184008

I like the extra grip of Trail shoes, I fall over a lot...
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I bought a pouch for my Nike+ chip from best buy for like $9, works just fine.

*I meant to quote the guy a few posts above, but I failed.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Saucony runner here, I train in Cohesions and race in Kinvaras, I also throw in a pair of Hattori's just for fun sometimes.
  • unkeptwalnut83
    unkeptwalnut83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on your body.
    If you want to go the traditional route, figure out if you are neutral, supinator, or overpronator, then find which shoes feel the best, don't rub, don't feel any pressure in the arch, etc.
    I used to run in Brooks Adrenaline being a slight overpronator.
    I started wearing the FiveFingers and other barefoots about 2 years ago and I have recently started running in them. I have had significantly fewer lower leg injuries since I began wearing them (knee pain, foot pain, ankle sprains) and haven't had issues with shins splints since I started running, but it does take a good amount of work to get your body prepared to handle the shift.
  • laksn304
    Options
    I have flat feet and my arch is, basically, non-existent. Does anyone know of a running shoe that is good for people with flat-feet line mine? :frown:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Women's Flex Trainer. Compared to most Nike's, they're fairly affordable at $61. I really like them! They're very VERY light. I've never had a problem with my feet hurting in them and I like that air can get to your feet. That material around the toes is thin and allows for your foot to breathe. I've had them for over a year and they still look very nice and nothing has fallen apart. Of course, I only wear mine to work out. Occasionally, I'll wear them for daily use, but not often! The only thing I don't like as much, is their lack of stability during certain exercises like lunges. Otherwise, their step is very soft and the very flexible. They bend like the Reebox RealFlex shoes. I'd recommend the Flex Trainers

Capture-1.jpg
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    If you have big feet and live this side of the Atlantic you are stuck with mens running shoes - Nike Air are what I am currently on and I have had no trouble at all. Mind you my last ones were Brooks and they were great too (mens as well :ohwell: )
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I switched to Mizuno's -- they're still supportive but much more minamalist then I've used in the past. Very light and thus I feel everything that I step on, it was definitely a change. I plan to also use Mizuno trail running shoes when I move.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Saucony Omni 11s. Love them to death. This is what shoes are meant to feel like-sooooo comfy.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I bought a pouch for my Nike+ chip from best buy for like $9, works just fine.

*I meant to quote the guy a few posts above, but I failed.

Nice!