Diet Drinks i.e Pepsi Max

Options
So in order to lose weight, I've cut down my daily coke intake from around 3 cans to 0 cans!

Anyhows, so today I had 2 Pepsi Max cans which say they only have 3 calories.

What I was asking, if I do drink them is it that bad? I.e will it hinder my progress, make me lose weight.

On the assumption that I'd have a few occasionally - mainly when I go out or when my fave show is on and I like to have a nice drink with it!

Thanks

Replies

• art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas in general are not good for you, but I've been a huge soda drinker for forever, and when I switched to diet instead of having my usual four cans of Pepsi I lost weight. Just be aware that since it's a carbonated beverage, it can make you bloated.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Aside from what they do to tooth enamel, there's nothing wrong with diet soda in moderation assuming it doesn't cause behavioral issues or headaches. The dosage level required for you to have issues with the artificial sweeteners is quite high.
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    I have to drink diet soda because I am diabetic, but I have also been trying to cut back on the amount of soda that I drink on the whole. I drink more water and Powerade Zero lately because of the high temps we have had in our area so that I can stay hydrated. But I am also a big hot and cold tea drinker as well.