Lacking motivation slash willpower

Options
It sucks. I was on the wagon for a good 4 months, fell off for a couple of months, got back on and not even 2 days later I have fallen off again. I have no willpower, if there are chips in the house I will eat them!!! I have put back on 3kg and I hate it, I can feel myself getting fatter and see it in my face. I dont want to end up back where I was so I need help! I now have 13kg to lose, and I am prepared to put in the effort and hard yards to lose it, I just need help. I need motivation to get on the treadmill/vibrate plate/kinect and exercise. Once I get started I am fine and keep on going, but it's just the initial getting on there and getting started.

As for the willpower thing, I need a LOT of help with that one.

All help is appreciated!!!!

Edit: Seriously?! Why does no one ever comment on my threads? Why must you all ignore me? Sorry I am not part of the cool kids group but I still deserve help, just like everyone else. :angry:

Replies

• Kmih
    Kmih Posts: 7
    Options
    I will help you! :smile:
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Edit: Seriously?! Why does no one ever comment on my threads? Why must you all ignore me? Sorry I am not part of the cool kids group but I still deserve help, just like everyone else. :angry:

hahah I know THAT feeling I always start a thread and get NOTHING I think it makes me feel even worse to be honest.

Anyway I AM HERE to help you, Will send you a FR in a min and we can start kicking each other to move and eat well :) we can do this together :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Maybe trying to reword your profile? You either want motivation or you don't. It's a two way street. Most people on the forum board are asking questions or needing info or having fun. The real motivation comes from within yourself and also from the relationships that you build through your friends - which you say you don't want! I wish you good luck!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

hahah I know THAT feeling I always start a thread and get NOTHING I think it makes me feel even worse to be honest.

Anyway I AM HERE to help you, Will send you a FR in a min and we can start kicking each other to move and eat well :) we can do this together :)

awesome! Thank you!

It frustrates me so bad that if you don't mention boobs in the title you don't get responses. Hmph. but thank you for the help!

And kmih you better help lol
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Maybe trying to reword your profile? You either want motivation or you don't. It's a two way street. Most people on the forum board are asking questions or needing info or having fun. The real motivation comes from within yourself and also from the relationships that you build through your friends - which you say you don't want! I wish you good luck!
    [/quote/]

Because I don't have time to do generic WTGs all day? I'm after a bit of advice, not a million friends? Am I not allowed to ask for help just because I don't have time to cheer the world.on for eating under their limit?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    As others have said before me, whilst it's lovely to get support from others (and important), at the end of the day it all boils down to you. You have got to want to do this so badly it's untrue. Badly enough to pick yourself up after falling off the wagon (believe me, I've been there); badly enough to resist that second biscuit or chocolate bar; badly enough to haul your behind to the gym even though it's been a rubbish day in work and you're tired and the sofa is scientifically more comfortable than the treadmill.

This sounds harsh, but it's true in my experience: if you don't pick yourself up and dust yourself down every time, you don't want it badly enough. Want want want!
  • beachlover317
    Options
    [/quote/]

Because I don't have time to do generic WTGs all day? I'm after a bit of advice, not a million friends? Am I not allowed to ask for help just because I don't have time to cheer the world.on for eating under their limit?

This explains a lot. Have a nice day.

ETA: No one is saying you have to have a million friends. I keep my friend's list small so that I can give helpful support and they can support me. Generic WTGs as you call them are pointless. I see you have added some friends and this is what will help you - not the forum. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    so you wont motivate anyone, but you want us all to motivate you...

nice.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you really dont need to be motivated as long as you are committed to your goals.

maybe make better goals than just a vague "losing weight" . give yourself fitness goals, make time commitments, sign up for races and stuff to hold yourself accountable
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you might be more inclined to be motivated if you had more friends. you don't have to be all generic and say "WTG" on every post, but you'd see others talking about things, asking similar questions about exercise and motivation, etc etc. it would also help to hold you accountable. i know that i've talked about "killing it at the gym after work today" on my wall, and then at the end of the day, i really don't want to, but i think to myself man, if i don't work out, all the people i'm friends with are going to give me hell.

so willpower and motivation comes from within. Inspiration can come from your friends list.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like. Keep your diary open so people can see it. I always look at my friends Diary. However i will comment if i think you are not eating enough or are eating the wrong things. I will also tell you to up your water intake if it is needed. If you want someone to *****foot around and tell you it will be ok when you are non stop eating rubbish day after day then maybe your not in the right frame of mind to be here at all. You are the only one that can do this for you. We are all here to offer support and help when needed.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    you might be more inclined to be motivated if you had more friends. you don't have to be all generic and say "WTG" on every post, but you'd see others talking about things, asking similar questions about exercise and motivation, etc etc. it would also help to hold you accountable. i know that i've talked about "killing it at the gym after work today" on my wall, and then at the end of the day, i really don't want to, but i think to myself man, if i don't work out, all the people i'm friends with are going to give me hell.

so willpower and motivation comes from within. Inspiration can come from your friends list.

Very nice. :smile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    you can either suck it up and do it or be fat and miserable/unhealthy whatever.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Today is the day to start. You said you could do it once you started. Do it. Start today.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    you can either suck it up and do it or be fat and miserable/unhealthy whatever.

When you take out the nice words and kind thoughts, this is really what it is. I always say - you either want it or you don't.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You just kind of have to push yourself. Take it one day at a time. Start by getting the junk food out and bringing in healthier, yummier stuff.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My friends on here motivate me. Looking in the mirror is a big motivator, seeing how much I have achieved and how much more there is to do.

Perhaps if you were a little more friendly and open to people you could build a strong support group that will help you.

Will power is yours alone. No one can help you with that, only you can decide what you eat, how much you excercise, you have to be commited to the changes and once you see the weight coming off that will help with motivation as well.

Start today, open your diary, be accountable and honest with yourself and you will be able to make the changes needed.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Gently, I might offer that how you interact with people may well determine if others will invest the time and energy to interact or even care about what you need.

Your post was up for less than an hour before you edited it and complained that no one had rushed in to provide you with the positive strokes you demanded. And that half hour was at a time when people who have to work tomorrow are generally asleep.

I wish you the best.
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing as you Shellebelle...I am only a week back into the routine and exercising is going well, but I have already had two insanely bad eating days...

What I can tell you is do not dwell on the past..today is a fresh start! Look to the positive in what you did that day, like I may have not eaten great, but I got the work out in, so I probably didn't store all those calories lol. And you need support, that is what we are here for :)

If you are having a hard time getting back in to exercising..I am in a group August: a month of mini challenges.. Check it out :)
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Shellebelle you sound like me !