Before and After

Options
smoore0411
smoore0411 Posts: 20 Member
So I finally learned to eat clean. I spent a lot of time working out and trying to "get in shape" but could never see results. I was getting stronger but didn't look or feel fit. After joining MFP and carefully monitoring my "fuel" I began to see results. I lost about 40 lbs and went from a 34" waist to size 30 - my high school size! I feel great and I am more focused than ever to take it to the next level!

I'm not an expert but I am happy to help/encourage/share.

"first we make our habits, then our habits make us"

ry%3D400

Replies

• Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    Wow! Nice work :)
  • sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! :D
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Damn, nice abs
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hot damn.. congrats!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Damn! Congrats! You look great
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look a lot younger.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    You look great, cut ribs, and waist. How long did it take you to do this? Keep up the great work, you are a true inspiration.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • smoore0411
    Options
    Thank you. It took me about 6 months. Keep in mind I have been strength training for quite some but not focused on the diet side. My plan was fairly simple.

-Cut carbs dramatically to stimulate the loss. I later added a controlled amount back in my diet.
    -Increased protein to a gm per body weight
    -split my meals up to 7 smaller portions per day
    -Increase cardio to a min of 3x per week
    -Weight train 4x per week

Truly the kitchen is your best friend or worst enemy. If you have to contemplate whether you should eat something, you probably shouldn't. At least until you hit your goals and understand the effects.
    You look great, cut ribs, and waist. How long did it take you to do this? Keep up the great work, you are a true inspiration.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work :)

^^THAT
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic
  • nickyob03
    nickyob03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good advice, I especially like the rule of thumb that if you have to think about whether to eat something then you probably shouldn't. Great work, congratulations!
  • smoore0411
    Options
    I should also mention that having the support and assistance of a significant other plays a big role. My wife is constantly experimenting with ways to prepare us the dishes that we love in a low cal healthy alternative. We are also competitive with each other so it adds a bit of sport to the challenge!
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know you :-) Great job!!! You both have had am amazing transformation!!! Good you both your hard work has paid off!!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • amandalc04
    Options
    Woop wood eating clean is how to do it... Building your body is 75%diet and 25%gym...you look awesome!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    WOW.... You look great!! I love that your wife helps, and I love that you give her credit for helping!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!